STEMCafe’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : STEM Educator jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 24, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
We are seeking a great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of STEM Educator. The STEM Educator will be responsible for developing learning activities and facilitating excellent learning experiences for kids in STEMCafe’s programmes within and outside the Maker spaces.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion to enhance learning and instruction for kids, good quantitative background, and an interest in STEM Education.
- Delivers STEM-oriented instruction (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) through Project-Based Learning methods.
- Implements approved STEMCafe’s contents within and outside the Maker spaces
- Guides the kids to explore while creating engaging learning experiences that are fun and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the kids.
- Designs learning content that teaches kids to work collaboratively to solve problems and to think logically and creatively.
- Prepares personalized reports (capturing the progress) of kids which guides the learning process towards developing their competencies and curriculum goals.
- Recognizes the special needs of kids with learning disabilities, seeks the assistance of STEMCafeÛªs specialists, as needed and/or required, and makes appropriate individualized physical and instructional accommodations during learning sessions.
- Participates in professional growth and development and stays abreast of current research through continuing education, educational seminars, workshops, conferences, membership in professional organizations of the subject taught, and attendance at corporation-sponsored events.
- Other statements of work authorized by the company
Do apply if you have a keen understanding of:
- STEM best practices.
- Physical Computing and/or Embedded Systems
- Programming Languages (Python, C++)
- Micro-controllers (Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve learning
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field.
- Empathy and great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with basic computer software such as Word and Excel.
- Experience working with children and adolescents. Previous experience as a STEM educator will be advantageous.
- Good classroom management skills.
- Good teamwork abilities.
What we offer
- Paid time off
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
*STEM Educator jobs in Nigeria
*Education / Teaching Jobs jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified Candidates should Click here to apply online
*Education / Teaching Jobs jobs in Nigeria