Job title : State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Coordinator jobs in Ebonyi
Job Location : Ebonyi
Deadline : April 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
BG Laurel International Nigeria LTE/GTE is an owned subsidiary of Banyan Global, Inc, a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over fifteen countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is the prime recipient for the USAID Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity. The HWM Activity is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well-trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). By its conclusion, HWM is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 10,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
Targeted interventions will contribute to 1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and 2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary health care (PHC) workforce.
This activity will contribute to the achievement of USAID/Nigeria’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective 2 a healthier, more educated population in targeted states and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 Utilization of quality health services in targeted areas and population groups increased.
Location and Reporting Line
- The State Coordinator position is based in Ebonyi State and reports to the Technical Director with dotted lines to the Country Director
- The HWM State Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of the HWM activities in the state
- This position holder works with the State team to ensure that the HWM activities are of high quality and adhere to global standards, national policies, and best practices on human resources for health systems strengthening.
- The position holder also ensures the adaptation and integration of emerging knowledge and innovative solutions within HWM activities.
- Lead the HWM Ebonyi State team for the effective delivery of the state’s annual results.
- Lead HWM Ebonyi State work planning and budgeting processes.
- Lead the provision of technical assistance for the strengthening of the state’s HRH management and governance systems.
- Provide technical assistance to the existing State HRH structures including but not limited to the State HRH Units and the State HRH Technical Working Group (TWG), to contribute to overall health systems strengthening.
- Provide technical assistance to State HRH Managers leading to the ownership and use of HRH data for decision making, including but not limited to data-driven deployment of PHC workers to reduce PHC HRH gaps.
- Advocate to State officials and provide required technical assistance resulting in the adoption and implementation of evidence-based strategies and interventions for improved PHC HRH Management (production, recruitment, deployment, motivation, retention, and training).
- Strengthen the capacity of staff of pre-service health training institutions (PSHTIs) resulting in attainment/maintenance of full accreditation, improvement in tutor capacity, improvement in student learning and improved functionality of the school management committees.
- Effectively manage short-term consultants working in Ebonyi State to deliver successfully on assigned tasks.
- Strengthen the relationship between HWM and key stakeholders in the state.
- Ensure project activities follow State regulations and provisions.
Applicants for should possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Public Health, Health Systems, Health Policy and Planning, or another related field.
- Experience implementing projects or initiatives focused on strengthening health systems, with a focus on HRH, health policy and administration, and/or health systems assessment.
- Experience working productively with health system stakeholder entities including government, public- and private-sector providers, donors, and local community-based organizations (CBOs).
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to work well on a team.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Human Resources jobs
- State Human Resources for Health (HRH) Coordinator jobs
- Salary Offer: *********