Job title : State Facilitator (VSL)
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : November 24, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Overview of position:
- To sustain the vaccine management technical support, ensuring effective supplies of safe & quality vaccines up to the last mile as well as facilitating the visibility into vaccine stock data for decision making.
- Support the development of annual & quarterly state work plans for EPI (vaccine security, logistics & service delivery) to ensure conformity with Comprehensive Multi Year Plan (CMYP) / Nigerian Strategy for Immunization & Primary Health Care System Strengthening (NSIPPSS) & State Logistics Working Groups (SLWG) workplans.
- Support the implementation of state work plans for EPI (vaccine security, logistics & service delivery) to ensure alignment with the workplan goals, Effective Vaccine Management Improvement Plan (EVM IP) including articulation of a well defined action tracker for monitoring implementation.
- Support the development of SLWG work plans towards implementing the vaccine management standards & practices including bundling vaccines, maintaining stocks levels, preparing & following optimised distribution plans of vaccine, devices & data tools for RI & SIAs & ensuring cold chain functionality & maintenance in line with Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) standards.
- Review the temperature records of state cold stores & advocate for solving identified gaps such as ensuring timely repair & routine maintenance of cold chain equipment; backup generators are functional, adequate funds are provided to operate generator as required on continued basis & provide regular reports.
- Ensure that computerized temperature monitoring devices, provided to stores are functional & maintained & Temperature Monitoring & Control (TMC) systems are adhered to.
- Facilitate the development of a state action plans for implementation of polio & other SIAs including MNCHWs in the target states & support their implementation.
- Facilitate tracking progress of implementation of the EVM)improvement plans at state, LGA & health facility level by the SLWG.
- Facilitate conduct of cold chain inventory & development of cold chain planning, including CCEOP implementation in the state of assignment.
- Facilitate the roll out of open LMIS & thrive 360 in the state of assignment, ensuring timely & quality reporting.
- Support last mile vaccine delivery to ensure availability of potent vaccines at the service points.
- Serve as the states Technical Advisors in cold chain management, delivery & distribution of vaccines for the polio eradication & routine immunisation programs.
- Assist with the implementation of guidelines & norms regarding cold chain & safety of immunization services delivery.
- Support the states team in ensuring timely planning & disbursement of funds to LGAs.
- Develop specific related vaccine security & logistics strategies for reaching the hard to reach, nomadic & minority groups in the high risk within the state.
- Transfer of competences to state & LGA Cold Chain / Logistics Officers on VSL issues.
- Support capacity building of government & partners in immunization with special emphasis on VSL taking into account the lessons learnt & new developments from the EVM processes & new vaccine introduction.
- Support capacity building of states Cold Chain Officers on new cold chain equipment technologies, in light of GAVI CCE optimisation systems, for effective cold chain planning in respective states.
- Assist state / LGAs in building cold chain & logistics equipment inventory & efficient equipment management systems, utilize same for needs assessment & provide corrective trainings as the need arises.
- Support states in conducting trainings, supportive supervisions in vaccine management & logistics & cold chain maintenance.
- Provide regular comprehensive bottleneck analysis of stock, cold chain operational status & coverage (RI & SIA, including COVID – 19) of states & support states in implementing the innovative solutions on a monthly basis.
- Support the CCO & SIO to be conversant with the use of navision & ensure completeness & accuracy of the data therein.
- Undertake supportive supervisory field visits to LGA & communities to assess progress, identify problems & propose remedial or alternative strategies or courses of actions to accelerate/improve quality of EPI delivery in the assigned state.
- Carry out any other duties in support of our client led health interventions as assigned by supervisors or authority of our clients field office.
- Weekly stock validation & submission of collated status of vaccine stocks on approved formats.
- Weekly temperature monitoring reports, incidence management & tracking of implementation of RTMD system.
- Monthly RI & SIA (where applicable) vaccine utilisation / consumption & wastage rate tracking & reporting.
- Quarterly cold chain inventory status update & submission of updated IRP tool.
- Quarterly submission of state heat map for supervisory / targeted / standalone EVMA & CIP updates.
- Consultant must submit a detailed work plan to his / her supervisor at the beginning of the contract period for the entire contract period.
- Supervisors will have the flexibility to review with the consultant as needed on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- A monthly progress report should be provided by each consultant to their supervisor for payment of consultants fees.
- A detailed assignment report will be required at the end of the current contract period.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelor degree in basic sciences, health & allied / material management / engineering or equivalent (minimal) with at least 3 years progressively professional work experience with at least 1 year at providing technical support in the area of logistics, supply chain management, cold chain or a master’s degree in public health / pharmacy, health sciences, basic medical sciences or engineering.
- Experience in managing cold chain system for vaccines or other related medical supplies & providing immunization services is an advantage.
- Fluency in English (minimal) & knowledge of any of the 3 major Nigerian languages is an added advantage.
- Minumum of 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan & coordinate logistics activities as well as to transfer knowledge & skills.
- Good analytical & negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Excel & Power Point
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to monitor progress, collect & analyse data, effect corrections & prepare reports.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- State Facilitator (VSL) jobs