ABT Associates’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : State Coordinator – LHSS Nigeria jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : July 22, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Project is a 5-year, $209 million global task order that works to strengthen health systems as a means to achieve universal health coverage and improve population health and well-being. Interventions will focus on reducing financial barriers, holding health services accountable for meeting all clients’ needs and making sure that the care patients receive meets minimum standards.
- LHSS’s Nigeria activity will support the Government of Nigeria at the Federal level and in three states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara) to expand sustainable pro-poor health financing options to reduce health inequalities, improve access to essential health services for the most vulnerable populations, and increase government expenditure on health services for greater sustainability of health service delivery.
- The activity has the following objectives to accomplish in collaboration with Nigerian counterparts:
- Increase financial risk protection
- Improve population health coverage
- Increase number of fully functional facilities
Key Roles and Responsibilitie
The State Coordinator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for directly engaging state-level and national-level authorities to support with inception and early implementation through rapid diagnostics and preparation for intervention
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation of interventions in respective states in project focus areas including health financing, organizational capacity development and primary health care management
- Establish and manage mechanisms to convene state agencies to enable learning exchange and knowledge co-productions
- Contribute to MEL activities, including learning, collecting data, and reporting on indicators, in collaboration with the MEL team
- Regularly report intervention status to the chief of party and senior technical leads to revise implementation plans as necessary to ensure best possible completion of interventions
- Within the LHSS project, the State Coordinators will report to the chief of party and will be supported by LHSS Abuja and US office-based technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree + Five years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or PhD.
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Management, Medicine, Health Administration, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated expertise in strengthening health systems, including social health protection schemes and domestic resource mobilization.
- Familiar with Government of Nigeria health sector budgeting, planning, health financing, timelines, and stakeholders
- Proven track record of working effectively with government counterparts at various levels in Nigeria is highly preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, state and national offices and officials, and other development partners
- A proven, successful record of achieving results. The State Coordinators will be required to sustain the key roles and responsibilities largely independently and requires the initiative to ensure work is progressing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively and independently. Strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
- Proficient English writing/speaking skills required.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online