Job title : State Accountant
Job Location : Rivers
Deadline : February 27, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- S/he will be responsible for overseeing all financial operations including monthly financial reports of the WEWE Rivers State office
- S/he will play a crucial role in ensuring the financial health and stability of our organization’s state office in Rivers State by managing budgets, employee monthly timesheets, and analyzing financial data
- S/he will provide the organization with accurate quantitative information on the financial position of the state office while ensuring we are compliant with all tax regulations
- S/he will be responsible for preparing monthly bank reconciliation reports
- S/he will be responsible in posting CBOs’ financial reports
- S/he will post, maintain, and reconcile financial transactions in QuickBooks Accounting software
- S/he will prepare other periodic financial reports as may be requested
- S/he will prepare cash advance liquidations for review and submission to the donor
- S/he will support the successful external audit of WEWE corporate finances yearly
- S/he will facilitate effective, efficient, and timely financial transaction recordings, review all postings from the Rivers office, and merge with the Headquarters postings
- S/he will support proper budget monitoring/management in a manner that will aid good management decisions on project expenditures
- S/he will ensure compliance with statutory deductions and remittances
- S/he will ensure that Rivers Office is financially compliant at all time
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must have completed NYSC or have an exemption certificate
- Must possess a second-class upper (2.1) /Upper credit or above
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN, ANAN, or ACCA) Certified
- A master’s degree in Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of post-NYSC work experience in a private Audit or Chartered Accountant firm
- Must have strong leadership and administrative skills
- Must have good Auditing skills
- Must have strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be honest, ethical, and professional in the discharge of duties
- Ability to work well in a team and be emotionally resilient
- Must be proficient in the use of QuickBooks Accounting software
- Strong Computer skills especially MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use of Quick Books Accounting Software
- Ability to develop a financial budget for donors
- Quick at responding to emails and voice calls
- Experience in an NGO on a US Government funded project is required
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining their suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CVs as well as three professional referees which must be former Supervisors and HR Managers.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- While WEWE thanks all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- State Accountant jobs