Amazon’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Startup Segment Leader, Sub Saharan Africa – AWS Startups jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 27, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a leader to own and scale out the startup customer segment in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA). The startup segment in Sub-Sharan Africa is experiencing non-linear growth.
- In this role, you will continue to accelerate this direction, building strategy through execution and inspirational leadership.
- You will manage a team of Account Managers and guide the wider cross-functional team.
- You will be adept at delivering growth in early stage companies who are making their initial IT decisions.
- You and your team will establish and maintain relationships within key customers, driving innovation and capabilities for startups across infrastructure and business application landscapes.
- You will build and develop a team who will execute on your strategy throughout Africa.
- You will develop talent in the Amazon mold who will continue to raise the bar.
- In this role, you will lead a team across Africa who influences customers to leverage AWS to power their business and technology outcomes.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and entrepreneurial organization, bringing innovation and growing the adoption of cloud for some of the most innovative and entrepreneurial companies in the world.
- This role will require you to understand the unique needs of early stage entrepreneurs, startup founders and developers.
- You will be responsible for developing opportunity pipelines, evangelizing cloud computing, and driving revenue and user adoption for this important group of customers.
- You will be expected to build and execute scalable sales motions to acquire new customers.
- The position requires to move to Kenya in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive revenue and market share of startups in Africa.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive regional plan.
- Accelerate customer adoption.
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
- Manage contract negotiations.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expect moderate travel
- BA / BS Degree required
- 10+ years of technology related sales
- 5+ years of sales management experience
- Proven track record building successful teams
- Deep insights into the startup ecosystem in Africa, main stakeholders and trends
- A long-term mindset that understands the importance of investing in and adding value to startups early in their lifecycle to earn their trust and loyalty before they become big companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Fluent in French
- Previous cloud expertise at a technology company
- Proven track record of building successful teams
- A technical background in engineering or computer science
- History of working with, selling to tech startups.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online