CITIBANK’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : SSA Trade Structuring Transactor
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 27, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Job Req ID: 22548912
Job Family: Trade Structuring
Job Grade: Senior Vice President
Job Category: Product Management and Development
About the Job
- The Trade Structuring Transactor is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business.
- Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness.
- The candidate must have developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables.
- Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business.
- Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- The individual may be assigned a portfolio of specific countries within SSA, but will be called to be involved in transactions across SSA.
- Credit Structuring skills and risk assessment experience within the Trade Finance, Commodities, Asset Distribution, EAF Pillars and Global Deal Review processes.
- Product knowledge of Trade Product set and the critical essential conditions as outlined in the Global Product Programs and Risk Acceptance Criteria
- Understanding product requirements i.e. PAP, operational processes, credit requirements, Treasury costing mechanisms
- Internal alignment with country or regional / product / sale counterparts for execution structured Trade Products
- Ensure governance over sub portfolio, country or sector designated positions to ensure related economics make sense and returns meet hurdles
- Communicate effectively with clients, Credit Agencies and investors to facilitate complex and structured Trade transactions that have multiple credit attributes and/or multiple parties to the transaction
- Conduct market reads for specific deals and markets where necessary
- Maintain the execution of Trades “originate-to-distribute model” and maintain liquidity in the Trade Portfolio
- Coordinate oversight of the overall operations process to ensure proper execution and minimize operational issues and inefficiencies
- Coordinate with legal and risk to update and incorporate changes to Program legal documentation for Client Agreements, Agency and as applicable investors agreements. (i.e. Distribution Finance Program Loan Documents, First Loss Amendments, True Sale Loan Sale Agreements, Collateral Agreements, Perfection and Cash Dominion clauses and processes, Credit Insurance and Protection Agreements, Recourse Level conditions, Export Credit Agency Agreements, Master Participation Agreements, BAFT, Master Trust Agreements, Equitable Assignment, Transfer Certificates, LMA standard documentation, Non-disclosure Agreements etc.)
- Execute against the Global Product Programs and the Local Country Addenda in country where these structured and complex Trade transactions are occurring
- Responsibility as one of the members and contributors as the first line of defense from an operational and credit risk management perspective
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- The role is a Revenue generating role responsible for structuring, execution and on-going client management of Trade deals across SSA.
- It is critically required to support the future growth in revenues and development of solutions to clients needs. This will support the significant growth plans that SSA Trade has built into the Strategy plan.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s / University Degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 6-10 years of experience
- Credit Risk and Trade Product experience
- Credit Risk Structuring or Credit Risk Management Experience
- Tertiary level education required
- Excellent structuring and deal execution skills, including leading cross-functional teams (e.g., Ops, Implementation, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including with clients
- Ability to lead initiatives and the team across the region and with different stakeholders
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions
- Able to take a concept through to execution
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Banking jobs in Nigeria
*Banking jobs in Lagos
*SSA Trade Structuring Transactor in Lagos