Microsoft’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Software Engineer – Client Fundamentals jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 22, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job Number: 1166065
Travel: 0-25 %
Role Type: Individual Contributor
- Across Microsoft, weÛªre accelerating progress to a more sustainable future with ambitious goals such as becoming carbon negative by 2030 and removing all carbon the company has emitted from the atmosphere by 2050.
- The Windows and Devices organization has a significant role to play here given the carbon emissions associated with manufacturing new PCs, running large data centers and the energy consumed by our large (over one Billion) and growing user base.
- Does the thought of producing code that supports over 1 billion users positively inspire you? Are you excited by the thought of delivering top notch, quality user experiences that delight users? Are you an engineer looking to tackle hard problems using big data and machine learning? Are you interested in the challenges of building large-scale, highly available services? If you answered in the affirmative to any or all of these, then this role might just be for you.
- WeÛªre looking for a resourceful and passionate software engineer who loves sustainability and data to join us in our mission of reducing WindowsÛª carbon footprint.
- The ideal candidate will be contributing to building infrastructure and experiences to reduce energy emissions from the Windows fleet of devices. You will:
- Build customer-facing experiences, services, developer dashboards and tools to improve optics on emissions.
- Analyze data from hundreds of millions of devices to measure the impact of the changes and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with internal teams across the company and external developers to help them reduce the emissions their code is responsible for.
- Throughout all your work, you will use data to validate assumptions and motivate others to engage and act.
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant industry software design and development experience, working with a mainstream programming/scripting language (C++, C#, Java, etc.).
- Experience collaborating/ability to collaborate with teams across different time zones and geographies.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience with querying, manipulating, and reporting on big data platforms (COSMOS, Kusto, etc).
- Experience designing secure and scalable services on Azure or other cloud technologies.
- Experience with machine learning tools and platforms is a plus.
- Intense passion for end user experiences.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies.
- Ability to resolve ambiguities effectively, prioritize and drive projects to completion, prioritize between multiple needs and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences.
*Software Engineer – Client Fundamentals jobs in Nigeria
*ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs in Nigeria