Job title : Social Media Specialist
Job Location : Abia
Deadline : March 09, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
- This role will be fully responsible for co-creating and executing Nguvu Collective’s Social Media Strategy for Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and India.
Organisational & Leadership Branding
- Co-develop a social media strategy with the global Partnerships team
- Create written & visual content to build Nguvu Collective’s brand as a global feminist organisation led by brown women
- Support the Chief Executive Officer with social media engagement and build her brand as a thought leader
- Build a strong supporter base for Nguvu Collective and the CEO through a vibrant engagement strategy
Storytelling & Change Leader Support
- Spot trending moments for change leader stories to be featured on social media
- Use social media to mobilise support for priority campaigns
- Create vital communications channels across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube for change leader driven initiatives
- Create written & visual content to build the brand of our change leaders.
- Support change leaders with planning and execution of their social media engagement
- Engage constructively with supporters across all social media platforms
Social media Analytics
- Define? ?metrics? ?and? ?monitor? ?performance
- Effectively use analytic tools to study data and trends emerging from different social media channels.
- Seek solutions through logical reasoning and data interpretation skills.
- Identify most engaging forms of content and define work plan based on social media analytics analytics
- Curate content from change leader campaigns and develop smart approaches to present it in various social media platforms.
- Develop relevant content for videos, articles, blog pieces, infographics, picture stories etc. to support campaign objectives.
- Write search engine friendly content.
- Work closely with the team to develop a social media content plan and manage a weekly social media calendar.
- Engage with the change leaders community to develop content and interact with followers in a witty, warm and knowledgeable way.
- Train Change Leaders on engaging smartly with social media as well as content.
- Identify social media influencers based on campaign specific requirements and develop an influencer programme.
- Implement a social media partnerships strategy with non profit organisations
- Organise high visibility events and partnerships with influencers
- Manage? ?influencer? ?networks,? ?and? ?create? ?and? ?implement? ?plans? ?for? ?influencer engagement.
The ideal candidate for this role will have many, if not all of these experiences and skills:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in:
- Story telling & Content development for social media
- Spotting social media trends and connecting them instantly to social impact work
- Supporting & guiding the social media engagement plans of a group of people
- Building the brand of an organisation & its leadership on social media
- Running ad campaigns on Facebook, Google and LinkedIn
- You have a demonstrated commitment to social justice, and especially to the gender and justice dimensions of social change, and the ability to critically engage with issues of power and privilege inherent in the space.
- A deep grasp of politics, the political process and current social justice issues nationally, continentally and globally.
- You’re comfortable working in a flexible, experimental framework – An agile skill set and attitude, enjoy talking to changemakers from diverse backgrounds and multitasking while working on a range of campaign issues. A willingness to take risks, fail, adapt and learn.
- You’re emotionally intelligent. You can empathise and relate to the people you work with and maintain positive relationships with a focus on wellbeing. You have strong rapport-building skills across diverse cultures.
- You’re a confident communicator. You have experience speaking to groups and conducting meetings, with excellent writing ability and strong attention to detail. You can drive processes and support colleagues to grow at all levels of the organisation.
- You are self-driven and organised. You know how to create and work to a timeline and plan, and how to keep others on track to meet deadlines and goals. You enjoy bringing each element of a project together and know how to problem solve.
- You have a good level of proficiency in both written & spoken english.
- Strong proficiency with key social media and workplace tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Canva, Facebook, Buffer, Google analytics and digital marketing tools, Google apps, Slack etc.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- Social Media Specialist jobs