African Development Bank’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Short Term Staff – Operations Assistant, Burundi Country Office jobs in Not specified
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : May 26, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex is responsible for building regional capacity and bringing responsibility for client-benefit activities closer to the regions.
- Five regional development, integration and service delivery platforms have been created, each headed by a Director General. These are: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa and Central Africa. Each Regional Directorate is headed by a Director General (DG) and has relevant sector functions and administrative capacities to be able to ensure quick delivery of services to client countries.
- Regional Directorates provide country offices in their regions with strategic direction and are responsible for operations, business development, project management and the overall effective achievement of the Bank’s High 5s.
- The activities of the Operations Implementation Support Division consist of supporting sector divisions and country offices to ensure effective project implementation through results-based supervision and coordination of services to projects (taking into account fiduciary and cross-cutting issues).
The Hiring Department
- The African Development Bank Country Office in Burundi (COBI) is looking for a self-starter, experienced and highly organized individual, able to function effectively in a very demanding, fast-paced environment, to work as an Operations Assistant.
- The Operations Assistant will provide support to operations and administrative staff in the Burundi Country Office. The position involves frequent interaction with other organizational units, staff in other offices (regional and headquarters), officials, consultants, and external organizations.
- The Operations Assistant incumbent will be responsible for analyzing operations, as part of his duties, to facilitate the work and decision-making of the Country Manager and the work teams in the Country Office of the Bank in Burundi.
Under the general supervision of the Country Manager of the African Development Bank Office in Burundi, and under the technical guidance of the Country Program Officer, the Operations Assistant will provide support for the coordination and execution of the Bank’s operations program and must support the Office in carrying out its administrative tasks.
- Create and maintain Country Office databases and perform any task related to data entry and analysis as required, and ensure information is updated in physical and electronic filing systems (server shared Sankofa).
- Monitor program activities through data management in SAP, SRAS, BPPS, RRS and other systems, and ensure that information on Bank-financed projects is regularly updated.
- Support the Country Office and administrative staff in the preparation of planning and information documents, drawing on the information kept in the databases.
- Monitor acquisitions and other requests for no objection received for all projects managed by the Country Office.
- Contribute to the preparation of missions of project Task Managers, participate in missions, if necessary, and provide logistical support for the implementation of the program of conferences and workshops organized by the Bank in Burundi.
- Contribute to the preparation of notes and activity reports, summaries of meetings and/or information notes on operations, progress made, and lessons learned, based on project reports, workshops and information contained in the Bank’s database.
- Update data management information on SAP for all Bank-financed projects in Burundi, including contract registration and results, in collaboration with project managers and the Country Program Officer.
- Perform any other operational support task requested by the Country Manager and the Country Program Officer.
Selection Criteria (Skills, Kowledge, and Experience)
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or in any other related discipline.
- Have at least five (5) years minimum of professional experience including three (3) years in the areas of project management, the development of work programs and budgets, and information management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to diplomatically interact with customers and staff at all levels.
- Have a good command of the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, advanced Excel, PowerPoint), SAP and / or other integrated document management systems.
- Have effective analytical, data analysis, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Have a recognized ability to exercise good judgment in interpersonal relations at all levels and in the handling of confidential information.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Previous experience with multilateral/bilateral development organizations is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, with a good knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online