Job title : Short-Term Media and Communications Specialist
Job Location : Kano
Deadline : June 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Areas of Responsibility
- The Media and Communications Advisor is expected to work in close collaboration with the RISA-KECC technical team and partners.
- S/He would be responsible for the execution of the project’s communication component. Essentially, this entails keeping track and ensuring that all activities carried out are fully captured and well-curated, thus, information is effectively delivered to internal and relevant external stakeholders.
- Highly innovative and proactive with an ability to perform an efficient systems gap analysis
- Proven ability to cover High-Level Engagements and Networks around Key Government Stakeholders and Industry Leaders.
- Results-oriented professional with evidence of good and effective development of communication skills
- Proficient in argument synthesis and review, including using research and evidence-based outcomes for literature and reporting
- Proven capacity to support monitoring and results measurement
- Ability to prepare evidence into actionable reports that communicate with the high level public (national/sub-national) and organized private sector
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Proven People and stakeholder information management skills
- Highly skilled in the use of old and new media.
- Linkages with relevant media organizations
- Managing and providing support for the execution of RISA-KECC’s communications component in line with the implementation work plan.
- Managing and utilizing RISA-KECC’s communications platforms to facilitate strategic and effective communications between the project and its stakeholders
- Ensuring the regular dissemination of the project’s profile and activities, knowledge products, events, mobilization, recruitment, etc.
- Developing communication plans for events
- Ensuring the organization’s branding clarity and consistency
- Developing, writing, copyediting, and sourcing content for RISA-KECC traditional and social media platforms
- Developing content, writing, and copyediting press releases and news articles for RISA-KECC newsletters
- Assisting in developing RISA-KECC periodic reports (quarterly, semi-annual, annual) and other project communications documents
- Working with translators to translate knowledge and communications products
- Managing visual documentation of project activities and events
- Assisting in media liaison
- Providing effective administrative and logistics support to the project in compliance with ASI policies and strategies;
- Coordinate the arrangement of appointments and meetings, including the compilation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, ground information and documentation;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of conferences, workshops and retreats as required
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
The Media and Communications Expert’s performance will be measured using the KPIs below.
Time: Submission of deliverables and reports strictly on the deadline assigned.
Effectiveness: Implementing work plans and project interventions to meet set requirements and specifications.
Relationship and collaboration with the stakeholders/team: This will measure the degree of clarity and simplicity in communicating messages and information, temperament and behaviour under pressure, interpersonal relationship and professionalism in the performance of tasks.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good understanding of media and stakeholder liaison and engagement strategies
- At least 5 years of experience in donor-funded programs with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or other related studies
- At least 5 years of experience in communications management of a medium to large donor-funded programme.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work with a graphic designer
- Experience with FCDO-funded programmes
- Proficiency with the use of digital productivity tools (MS Office and Collaborative apps).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- Short-Term Media and Communications Specialist jobs