1 week ago
Job title : Service Fulfillment and Support Engineer
Job Location : Rivers
Deadline : June 07, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- To improve on the SLAs with customers by reducing the MTTR which also translates to improve service to customer.
- Corporate/FOS Incident Management Corporate Customers: Restore service failures within 4 hours of its occurrence- Implementation and integration of new projects.
- Retail Customers: Restore service failures within 24 hours of its occurrence.
- Incident Management Communication: Provide prompt feedback for input into the OTRS Application with information relating to activities being carried out to resolve customer service incidents.
- Preventive Maintenance Identify, plan and execute nodes/segment that require preventive maintenance on the network.
- Re-sale Engineering Liaise with NSD in preparing bid documents and preparing technical documentation for presentation during presales engagement.
- Report Management Ensure weekly support status reports are done and submitted timely for review.
- Back Office Support Provide backend support to FSE in integrating new
- customers to the network or providing customer’s link upgrade.
- Project Implementation Management Timely delivery and completion of Assigned projects.
- Draft out project implementation plan (PIP) for new projects and installations and ensure strict adherence.
- Managing Pre-Installation procedures (site survey), and actual Installation, integration and maintenance of microwave radio links.
- Inventory Management Ensure no stock-out of tools and materials for network implementation and for fault support.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Academic: B.Eng Computer Engineering, B.Eng Electrical Electronics or any IT related Degree. (2.2 / Upper Credit minimum)
- Professional: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate); CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Customer centric and stakeholders’ management.
- Good LAN/WAN network design and implementation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems in the shortest available time using honed analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers, vendors and members of team.
- Design and analytical troubleshooting of LAN, WAN network and Internet-data architecture with good knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP,OSPF, RIP etc).
- Good knowledge of installation and configuration of core network devices and its relevant integration to the network (LAN, MAN & WAN).
- Ability to use network monitoring/optimization devices (software/hardware) to proffer solutions to network related problem and optimize network performance where necessary.
- Understanding of the base station power supply (dc and ac) architecture and interconnectivity of relevant power devices/components.
- A hands on experience with the following is a must: IP Routing, MPLS, QOS, VPN, DMVPN.
- Knowledge and experience with network security (IPSec Firewalls) is desirable.
- A hand on experience with OSPF and BGP is desirable.
- Experience with Wireless Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint technologies is desirable.
- Must be able to follow multiple simultaneous projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Experience with leading inter-departmental negotiations, consensus building to reach common technical solutions.
- Strong telecommunications transmission skills (both Optical and wireless), IP design skills, in depth knowledge of IP Network Troubleshooting.
- Candidate must possess excellent customer interface, analytical and presentation skills and be able to influence internal and external organizations.
- Hardworking and Tenacious.
- Performance driven.
- Sharp analytical and logical reasoning.
- Work effectively with own initiative and with minimal supervision and also as a part of a team.
- At least 2 years in telecommunications industry,
Demonstrate (Key competencies):
- Technical Site Survey (TSS) on the fiber & microwave radio platforms using tools like GPS, Compasses and
- Microwave link budget software for data collection and analysis.
- Implementation and integration of new projects.
- FTTH implementation and troubleshooting
- Work closely with the fiber activation and backbone extension teams in the end-to-end delivery of projects.
- Ensure new projects are signed off and submitted to Billing Unit for subsequent invoicing.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the areas of IP network design, implementation, optimization and maintenance to support voice, data and/or video networks in differing stages of development.
- Identify and implement equipment and solutions for creating and supporting IP networks for a variety of environments that require the use of wired and wireless transmission technologies.
- Work closely with related departments, partners and Vendors to deliver high quality and reliable network performance.
- Evaluate user needs, systems, and new technologies to recommend the most effective communication and transmission systems.
- Research and evaluate network/systems, performance capacity, and compatibility with existing systems. Install, configure, maintain, and support network equipment and network operating systems (e.g., routers, bridges, servers, switches, and/or port connectors).
- Recommend and modify network configuration to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Service Fulfillment and Support Engineer jobs