GVA Partners’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Service Desk Engineer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 30, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
- We requires the service of a highly skilled Service Desk Engineer who has the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including; Hosting (Linux and Windows), firewalls and/or WAN (wide area networks) technologies.
- Assist in maintaining issues/request log. Ensure accurate and prompt logging of all requests/ issues unto the central database.
- Assist in providing first-level phone support on IT related issues and escalate more technical issues requiring location visits to appropriate second-level/expert support teams within the unit.
- Escalate to the Network and Infrastructure Support team, all LAN/WAN/Server downtimes and hardware operational issues e.g. network connectivity, printing errors, drive failure, etc.
- Escalate all enterprise solutions-related issues to the Enterprise Solutions Support.
- Provide first-level instructions on software installation and configuration e.g. client applications, anti-virus utilities, printer drivers, etc.
- Provide continuous user application and system support to the call centre and other relevant IT units.
- Communicate resolution of faults to end-users/ request initiators.
- Assist in developing programmes for training end users on self-help tips and office application usage.
- Ensure security of all workstations through proper installation and regular updates of an effective anti-virus program on every workstation.
- Implement/comply with pre-defined service desk management policies and procedures.
- Assist in administering internal customer satisfaction surveys to obtain feedback on helpdesk efficiency where necessary
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Provide guidance and manage the performance of subordinates where applicable.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, Service Desk.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Service Desk.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or any other related discipline with at least 5 years experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and other computer application such as trouble ticketing.
- Strong knowledge of delivering support in a mixed Microsoft and Apple environment including support of Windows 7/10, OS X, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven troubleshooting methodology and a desire to solve challenges.
- Basic working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- Basic understanding of network principles (IP addressing, subnets, routing, switching.
- Working knowledge of antivirus, backups, and virtualization.
*Service Desk Engineer jobs in Nigeria
*ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
*ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs in Nigeria