Founders Factory’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Venture Sourcing Lead
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 06, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
We are looking to hire a Senior Venture Sourcing Lead to support our efforts in sourcing and qualifying early-stage startups in Africa. The successful candidate will co-lead our ecosystem engagement efforts to source and identify promising startups, as well as lead the investment process which culminates into Investment Committee approvals. The candidate will need to have a good understanding of technology and business models and have existing networks and exposure to the startup world within Africa.
- Sourcing new investment opportunities and leading ecosystem engagement efforts
- Support in developing and maintaining an active partnership referral network within the African Tech ecosystem
- Conduct market analysis and keep up to speed with sector trends and market performance
- Lead deep dives, industry analysis, and market mapping
- Source, identify, and evaluate new investment opportunities – startups and founders
- Attending, participating, and hosting industry events to promote FFA venture programs, working with the rest of the sourcing team.
- Screening, Qualifying, and presenting opportunities at the Investment Committee- Lead on converting investment opportunities
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the sourcing process (initial screening, negotiation, qualification process, due diligence, and stakeholder socialisation)
- Conduct thorough opportunities assessment, including market and competitor analysis, technical due diligence, impact modelling, and financial model review
- Prepare documentation to present and sell new investment opportunities internally and to the Investment Committee
Portfolio Support and monitoring
- Work with the portfolio and ventures team in strategic planning for company growth, business model design and critical support areas
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar venture capital fund leading the end-to-end investment process
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to build a network, source companies, and develop relationships with top African entrepreneurs and other tech/entrepreneurship ecosystem players in key markets across Africa
- An analytical mind able to qualify and understand different concepts and business models
- Independently be able to form views around investment decisions, make recommendations, and present deals to senior colleagues and the investment committee
- Be proficient in Excel and comfortable manipulating data and building financial models
- Knowledge and experience building financial models
- Extensive knowledge, enthusiasm for, and interest in technology and start-ups
- A self-starter who thrives in an autonomous role, with excellent prioritisation, self-organisation, and execution skills
- The role is in a fast-moving company, with a startup culture – this offers lots of opportunities to learn, be hands-on, agile, and have the freedom to develop strategy and execute it without bureaucratic constraints
- This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Africa’s largest venture development and investment companies, to help shape the future of Africa’s startup ecosystem
- Growth and Learning: work with and meet exceptional talent and learn faster than you ever have before. We are in a startup environment, not corporate 9-5, so you determine where you want to grow and how quickly you want to do this.
- Variety: Opportunity to work on hundreds of different products across a variety of sector
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage
- Network: Founders Factory Africa is part of the strongest global network for startup founders.
- Our relationships with corporate executives, established entrepreneurs, and funders are unparalleled.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
* Senior Venture Sourcing Lead jobs
*Jobs in Lagos
*Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs
- Salary Offer: *********