BBC’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Thematic Advisor (Resilience & Humanitarian Response) jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : January 31, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Job Reference: BBC/TP/2276542/58199
Job Category: Quality, Risk and Assurance
Business Unit: News – Media Action
Specific Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- This post is responsible for providing in-depth knowledge as part of the organisationÛªs strategic thinking, learning and influence in the field of Resilience and Humanitarian Response.
- Working closely with the Thematic Lead (Head of Advisory), the post is responsible for managing specialist technical advisory support to the rest of the organisation in their thematic area, ensuring the creation and maintenance of external relationships in the field of Resilience and Humanitarian Response, supporting and, when appropriate, guiding business development in this field and ensuring that the organisation becomes increasingly respected for its practice, evidence and impact.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Advisory: Ensuring the best learning, research and technical advice is made available across the organisation, prioritised according to need. This will include capacity strengthening,ensuring relevant expertise is available to country teams, publishing insights from organisational practice and evolving the organisationÛªs approaches in these areas.
- Business Development:Supporting and where appropriate guiding the development of external international donor and other business development relationships specific to one or more of the organisationÛªs thematic portfolios, exploring and generating business development opportunities, and supporting, and when relevant directing, the development of cross institutional proposals specific to the theme.
- Evidence: Supporting the development and delivery of an evidence generation strategy sufficient to improve the organisationÛªs reputation within specific thematic areas for its own evidence and impact, as well as the broader reputation of the role of communication. This will involve working with Researchers.
- External Policy Engagement: Working in close consultation with the Thematic Lead (Head of Advisory), the post supports the organisationÛªs external evidence-based policy engagement in this field. This will involve building the institutional reputation of the organisation and its influence in deploying its own experience, insight and evidence to inform and help shape donor and development strategies in one or more of the organisationÛªs focus areas.
- Reports to Thematic Lead (Head of Advisory).
- Has direct responsibility for developing thematic approaches and strategies.
- Manages a relevant thematic adviser (where appropriate), including taking decisions on work priorities, external engagements, thematic strategies and approaches.
- Represents the organisation externally.
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience
- Strong experience, knowledge and a proven reputation in the field of Resilience and Humanitarian Response.
- A proven capability in business development relevant to this field and in the formation of external institutional and professional relationships with donors and other development actors in the field.
- Leadership experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- A relevant post graduate qualification or demonstrable record in delivering relevant projects, research or learning.
- The ability to work effectively across teams and to mobilise resources to achieve impact.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required to deliver the job.
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Nigeria
*Media / Advertising / Branding jobs in Abuja
*Senior Thematic Advisor (Resilience & Humanitarian Response) in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online