Job title : Senior Technical Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : March 09, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
About the Role:
The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for operational planning and timely implementation of state-based project activities. S/he shall be r accountable and responsible for the development, regular update and implementation of annual and quarterly operational plans and tasks, ensuring that activities and tasks are completed on schedule. S/he will lead the technical support to the states and provide the required oversight to ensure they perform optimally.
- Develop project monitoring and evaluation annual and quarterly workplans, performance measurement plan, and M&E activities calendar.
- Produce concept note and tasks for all M&E activities and obtain all necessary approvals for their implementation.
- Develop/adapt performance metrics and reporting tools for performance measurement and reporting at state and national levels.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date database for the project.
- Provide regular direct support to the states, ensuring that all M&E related activities and tasks are implemented in a timely manner and expected results achieved.
- Facilitate all M&E related technical meetings with states and other stakeholders and represent MSH in relevant meetings related to the project or as may be assigned by the Project Director.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Manager Health Financing, produce power point presentations for all project related meetings.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Manager Health Financing, produce technical reports in the format and standard satisfactory to senior management, Principal Recipient, and donor partner.
- Provide technical assistance to other project team members in relevant aspects of the project, especially related to monitoring evaluation and learning.
- Maintain constant communication with the states and other stakeholders collaborating on the project.
- Ensure that all projects reporting obligations by the states are met in a timely manner and outputs are of highest standards.
- Support States’ efforts to strengthen their databases and reporting systems and tools related to health financing and health insurance.
- Produce regular progress report on the project and present same to the Project Director.
- Ensure regular progress report on the project using agreed performance metrics are produced and disseminated among all stakeholders at national and state levels.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvements and new business.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Support the process of documenting and reporting RSSH GC7 achievements in Nigeria.
- Provide oversight and M&E support to RSSH GC7 Malaria Nigeria as needed.
- Spearhead the strategic design and implementation of the RSSH GC7 project PMP in line with GF and national reporting requirements.
- Member of the RSSH GC7 Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project Performance.
- Work independently with authority from the Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines.
- Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
- Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and
- management of budget and all assets in the M&E unit.
M & E Technical Responsibilities
- Establish systems for the flow of information from service-delivery points to the RSSH GC7 central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing entities at the state level. As well as conduct periodic data quality audits.
- Ensure RSSH GC7 PMP provides adequate data for the relevant ministry of health departments and agencies (at the national and state levels) reporting; and provides inputs into other national and international reporting systems.
- Build the capacity of M&E staff in the design and implementation of a coordinated and effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice for RSSH GC7 project.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Link and analyze resource inputs, outputs and outcomes and report on project effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work with GF RSSH GC7 management to document and publish best practices.
- Liaise and network with relevant RSSH GC7 partners and collaborators to harmonize our reporting systems.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep MSH senior management informed on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Coordinate writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of project report to the donor and partners.
- Ensure that project database and other relevant databases are up to date.
- Develop a strong monitoring & evaluation plan consistent with the RSSH GC7 results framework.
- Plan and facilitate various periodic M & E meetings.
- Plan and organize routine data quality audits and serve as a catalyst to enhance systems that bridge data collection with analysis and data-driven decision making and planning.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION
- A postgraduate education in health informatics, demography, statistics, public health, natural or social sciences.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 7+ years of related experience is required.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of public health programme, especially a health financing project highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven ability to provided technical leadership and support, capacity building and technical assistance for the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, performance management plans, databases and analytics.
- Some knowledge and skills in economic evaluation, quality improvement programmes and health outcome measurement.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively and professionally with government agencies, development partners, civil society organizations, NGOs, private sector groups and international organizations.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Senior Technical Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning jobs