Job title : Senior Technical Manager, Health Financing
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : March 09, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
About the Role:
The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for operational planning and timely implementation of state-based project activities. S/he shall be r accountable for the development, regular update and implementation of annual and quarterly operational plans and tasks, ensuring that activities and tasks are completed on schedule. S/he will lead the technical support to the states and provide the required oversight to ensure they perform optimally.
- Develop project annual and quarterly workplans, project implementation plan and activities calendar.
- Produce concept note and tasks for all project activities and obtain all necessary approvals for their implementation.
- Develop technical briefs for all project related meetings for use by senior management.
- Provide regular direct support to the states, ensuring that all activities and tasks are implemented in a timely manner and expected results achieved.
- Facilitate technical meetings with states and other stakeholders and represent MSH in relevant meetings related to the project or as may be assigned by the Project Director.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Manager Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning, produce power point presentations for all project related meetings.
- In collaboration with the Senior Technical Manager Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning, produce technical reports in the format and standard satisfactory to senior management, Principal Recipient, and donor partner.
- Provide technical assistance to other project team members in relevant aspects of the project, especially related to health financing.
- Maintain constant communication with the states and other stakeholders collaborating on the project.
- Ensure that all projects reporting obligations by the states are met in a timely manner and outputs are of highest standards.
- Support States’ efforts to achieve financial sustainability for their HIV, TB and malaria programmes.
- Produce regular progress report on the project and present same to the Project Director.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvements and new business.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
General Responsibilities (50%)
- Support the Government of Nigeria’s efforts for the long-term financial sustainability of its health sector and has accountability for developing and implementing programs to strengthen health financing mechanisms affecting both the public and private sectors.
- Lead, support or supervise analytical work and economic analysis in areas potentially including but are not limited to fiscal space analysis, service costing, cost-effectiveness analysis, HTAs, equity analyses, national health accounts, health insurance and strategic purchasing, and the development of health financing reforms, policies, and plans.
- Develop (update and adapt as needed) and execute project results framework, performance monitoring plan, technical strategy, M&E plan and annual work plans related to health financing activities as per MSH technical frameworks and standards, and guidelines.
- Ensure technical excellence within budget and on-time delivery of activity results related to health financing. Periodically evaluate progress towards the completion of project deliverables to verify alignment with strategic directions and defined targets.
Management Responsibilities (25%)
- Collaborate with the Project Leadership and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) teams to ensure health financing activities are closely monitored and documented throughout implementation and that actions are taken to continually improve activity performance (including re-orienting and adjusting strategies when needed).
- Participate in technical forums, working groups, and other meetings with host country government and other counterparts as needed.
- Manage and mentor the project health financing team as per MSH policies and guidelines and implement an effective performance-management program including regular check-ins, annual appraisals, coaching and career development support.
- Continually scan the project environment and ensure effective dialogue and relationships with project client(s), beneficiaries, and other local and international stakeholders.
Program Support (25%)
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers, and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
- Provide support to aspects of securing additional project funding and strategic communication including information gathering, positioning, proposal development, etc.
- Collaborate with the MSH Nigeria Country Team in headquarters and participate as required in activities organized in the interests of MSH in country.
- Ensure effective project collaboration, coordination, and internal partnerships with other
- Any task assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION
- A postgraduate education in health financing, health policy, health planning, or public health.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 7+ years of related experience is required.
- Experience in health financing highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven ability to provided technical leadership and support, capacity building and technical assistance for the design and implementation of interventions related to domestic resource mobilization, pooling, strategic purchasing, health insurance, resource allocation and performance-based financing.
- Some knowledge and skills in economic evaluation, quality improvement programmes and health outcome measurement.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively and professionally with government agencies, development partners, civil society organizations, NGOs, private sector groups and international organizations.
- Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically as needed.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Senior Technical Manager, Health Financing jobs