2 weeks ago
Job title : Senior Technical Associate (Molecular Services) jobs in Benue
Job Location : Benue
Deadline : April 16, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- This position will report to the Molecular Lead and will coordinate all molecular activities in FMC Makurdi PCR Laboratory, Benue state.
- S/She person will supervise molecular laboratory personnel, and regularly assess their performance and productivity to ensure VL/IVT testing is optimized.
- The person will oversee specimen analysis, re-routing of specimens commodity and equipment management. S/He will work with all facilities in the state linked to the PCR Laboratory to ensure adherence to guidelines for sample management.
- S/He will oversee remote sample login and return of results to facilities.
- Manage and supervise the delivery of quality molecular services for HIV-VL, EID at FMC Makurdi PCR laboratory.
- Oversee all laboratory procedures and analysis of clinical samples by molecular biology methods
- Oversee data analysis, assay result interpretation, and proper maintenance and management of laboratory records
- Oversee quality control/quality assurance activities, as well as reagent lot validation and inventory management
- Will assist in the ordering of laboratory supplies to maintain proper inventory
- Ensure staff demonstrate competency with pipetting and PCR techniques while performing complex molecular diagnostic techniques
- Ensure routine preventative maintenance is performed on all molecular diagnostic and ancillary equipment
- Ensure all molecular diagnostic protocols are followed and implemented
- Follow up with daily reports on all lab tests
- Follow up with feedback to Biomedical Engineers on equipment breakdown
- Oversee Proficiency Testing at PCR labs and follow up with corrective actions
- Monitor sample management and quality of samples received at the PCR Lab for testing
- Follow up with proper storage of specimens for short and long term
- Follow up with LIMS compliance network ,accurate computer data entry, and upload of patients’ results to NDR
- Will ensure all laboratory procedures are performed in a timely manner
- Plan re-routing of samples to a secondary PCR Lab for testing, in the event of delay in testing due to power failure or equipment breakdown
- Provide guidance and will fully be involved in the procedures for PCR Lab accreditation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a Medical laboratory Scientist or possess a degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience in Molecular Diagnostics;
- Experience working with a PEPFAR supported organization is an advantage;
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft office applications, as well good understanding of LIMS applications;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work alone and as part of the team
- Ability to multitask, manage time efficiently, negotiate and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who can think and act self-sufficiently
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Medical / Healthcare jobs
- Senior Technical Associate (Molecular Services) jobs
- Salary Offer: *********
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs