American University of Nigeria’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Technical Advisor – Operation Research and Implementation Science jobs in Adamawa
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s premier development University. Since 2006, AUN faculty and staff have been researching and developing solutions to development and humanitarian challenges faced by Nigeria. As part of this focus, AUN is a sub-partner to AHNI on the USAID-funded five-year ACE project in Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe states.
Funded by the USAID and in close partnership with federal partners and the select Nigeria States (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe), the five-year project on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria will support the delivery of high impact HIV preventive, care and support services to populations in the Northeast of Nigeria.
- Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, the STAOR & IS will be responsible for the design and implementation of operational research to generate evidence, present the result in a way that can be easily understood, and ensure its utilization in program design and improvement.
- S/he will also be responsible for catalyzing interest in operation research and implementation science across the three focal states of the ACEBAY project.
- The STA will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party/Director Technical (DCOP.DT) and Director Monitoring & Evaluation (DME).
- The STA will coordinate and facilitate the mobilization of GON, tertiary and research institutions, and partners to mobilize resources, develop, and implement research agenda on TB-HIV and other public health issues within Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe (BAY) states.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Masters Degree or higher in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field is required.
- At least 6 years of experience in public health-related research and at least three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Proficiency in the use of data analytic tools e.g. STATA, SPSS, R-Studio, SAS, NVivo, etc is an added advantage
- Proficiency in the design and implementation of operation research and economic evaluations
- Working technical knowledge and experience in all components of the HIV/AIDSprogram including prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross cutting areas like HSS, Gender, etc.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of technology and other innovations to facilitate data collection, analysis, and visualization.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well in a team.
Knowledge Stils & Attributes:
- Technical Skills: Strong experience in HIV-TB and other public health programs, experience in designing, conducting, and reporting research.
- Ability to translate findings into policy and practice, and strong skills in the drafting manuscripts:
- Leadership: Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations.
- Consistently works within internal processes, and procedures and should have strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Project Management: Strong planning and time management skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- The candidate is expected to have the ability to problem-solve difficult issues, multitask with ease, adapt to frequently changing priorities, and have strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a file comprising of their Cover Letter addressing the candidates interest in the job, why he/she is a good fit, and his program-development and administration philosophies & a detailed CV including relevant experience) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.