IHS Towers’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Senior Specialist, HSE Audit jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 27, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, HSE Audit, who will plan, lead and conduct HSE audits as part of the approved risk-based internal audit plan, providing independent assurance of the adequacy, effectiveness and compliance of corporate- and departmental-level systems against applicable regulatory, corporate HSE and international management system requirements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of an annual HSE audit program as part of the approved internal audit plan, including the frequency, methods, responsibilities, consultation, planning and reporting requirements, taking into consideration the importance of the processes concerned and the results of previous audits.
- Conduct HSE audits of companyÛªs critical processes/projects and facilities in accordance with the audit plan.
- Audit the companyÛªs HSE management system against the requirements of ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, country specific regulatory requirements, company HSE standards, investor requirements such as IFC, etc.
- Develop insightful recommendations to address operational and strategic audit findings.
- Analyze and present trends from HSE Audit findings to drive continuous improvement in HSE performance.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of management, regional teams, and on-site personnel to promote the continuous improvement of HSE by removing or reducing risks in the business through identification and documentation of findings as well as implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide support and actively drive closure of corrective actions from HSE audits. Maintain regular reports to track progress and manage stakeholders to drive timely close out.
- Develop and apply criteria for HSE audit documentation, ensuring they remain current in line with business requirements, legislation, and statutory compliance.
- Manage the HSE Audit schedule to ensure inclusion of all existing HSE critical processes and facilities as well as support onboarding of new critical projects.
- Conduct audits on HSE compliance of critical suppliers to verify whether their processes align with defined audit criteria.
- Conduct formal follow-up audits of implementation status of agreed management action plans per approved risk-based audit plan.
- Retain documented information as evidence of the implementation of the audit programme and the audit results.
- Supporting the company with accreditations, certifications and re-certifications such as ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Performs special audit-related projects as assigned.
- Contribute towards fostering a positive HSE culture across the organization, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skill and knowledge.
- Perform any other duties and tasks as assigned by Senior Manager, Internal Audit.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences and/ or any other relevant discipline.
- Membership of relevant professional body (ISPON, NES, IOSH, IIRSM, etc.)
- 5 yearsÛª plus relevant work experience. Previous experience in a similar role desired
- Knowledge and experience of Auditing against ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001
- Familiar with ISO 19001, ISO 9001
- A Lead Auditors Certificate – ISO / IRCA
- Valid NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Familiar with International Standards and Best Practices for HSE and audit practices.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- HSE Standards Compliance & Enforcement
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Auditing & Inspection
- Incident Investigation
- Business Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Initiative/ Judgement
- Relationship Building
*Senior Specialist, HSE Audit jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Lagos
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria