6 days ago
Job title : Senior Software Support Engineer/Developer jobs in Adamawa
Job Location : Adamawa
Deadline : March 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Senior Software Support Engineer/Developer reports to Manager Information System and shares the responsibility and accountability for the effective and efficient support service and development of all Enterprise Software/Applications deployed at AUN.
- The Software Support Engineer/Developer, under the leadership of the Manager ISS, monitors, analyses, develops and solves application service requests; installs, modifies, upgrades, and optimizes enterprise application for AUN information systems.
- The position is also charged with the responsibility of designing and maintaining programs and source code development and implementation in line with AUN Policies and Procedures as well as AUN IT Policy and shall also provide support for users regarding programming issues Database Management.
- Assist the IS Manager in providing end-user supports and Software Developer for all information systems at AUN such as but not limited to OpenERP, LMS (Canvas, Moodle, and Turnitin), CMMS, BIODUX, POS, VingCard, Koha, eWallet, Cafeteria POS, DSpace, CarePlus, Badge Manager, any other enterprise software that will be acquired for AUN operations.
- Supports the purchase and sale of e-books as required by faculty and students.
- Proactively supports day-to-day system operations and engineering including system files management, account maintenance, systems monitoring, and printing.
- Acts as a resource person to other Software Support Engineers & Unit Interns.
- Overseas software installations of operating systems, layered products, and third-party products for multi-user computer systems.
- Document and compile users’ requirements, processes, manuals, and guides.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field as well as (3) years’ experience of information systems support (hardware, software, processes). A Master’s Degree will serve as an added advantage.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues relevant to OpenERP software modules including Finance, Admissions, Faculty, Academic registry SIS, HR, Library, and Facilities Management.
- Strong hands-on experience on Relational Database Management systems (Oracle, MS-Access, MS-SQL, MySQL, Postgres, Python etc.
- Strong knowledge of Structured Query and Language and ability to write and execute complex SQL commands and statements to process and manage complex dataset.
- Strong knowledge of Business Analytics systems and reporting
- Strong hands-on experience on Windows Server OS, LINUX (Ubuntu and other flavors of Linus), Solaris, and UNIX.
- Strong knowledge of Storage systems (NAS, SAN)
- Strong knowledge of Learning Management System (LMS)
- Knowledge of Web Application Security.
- Advanced knowledge of AUN supported applications
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Good knowledge of data protection technics and methodology
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to learn and support new applications.
- Possess high level interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply for this Offer
Suitably and qualified candidates should Submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs
- Senior Software Support Engineer/Developer jobs
- Salary Offer: *********