Job title : Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : October 26, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About the role
- Are you an entrepreneurial Senior Backend Engineer looking to build impactful products? As a Senior Backend Engineer at Klasha, you’ll be joining a high-performing team that is the bedrock of our offering.
- This role would suit a resourceful, high-performance IC with experience in greenfield projects.
- We’re a Seed-stage startup, so ideally you’d be comfortable wearing multiple hats. We’re learning quickly, shipping regularly, and working cross-functionally to build the future of commerce in Africa. You’ll join a mission-led team that cares deeply about connecting Africa with the global economy.
- Collaborating with the Frontend Engineers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Provide training, help and support to other team members.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Build and scale our product with input from other team members.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean code.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as a backend engineer, ideally in a Fintech startup environment
- Fluent application of Java (JDK version), Spring boot, Eureka, Zuul.
- Familiarity with Github, Hibernate, Apache Kafka, Postgresql.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Ability to move fast and adapt as the business requires.
- Strong knowledge of the African and/or Global payments and logistics ecosystem would be an advantage.
- Previous experience with functional programming would be an advantage
Our people are the heart of the business, so we prioritise welfare and offer a wide range of competitive benefits including but not limited to:
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Employee stock option scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- Mental health wellness benefits.
- Budget for French language classes.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Learning and development budget.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs
- Senior Software Engineer (Backend) jobs