Job title : Senior Projects Coordinator
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : March 29, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
The Senior Projects Coordinator is responsible for the management and delivery of an effective functionality of the Projects Management Unit throughout the IRC Nigeria country program in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include Coordination of CPs Budget Vs Actuals forum, Coordination of the Projects Cycle Management (PCM) tool, Key liaison between program managers, field coordinators and technical leads in relation to projects implementation Vs grants lifespan, Project management Training and capacity building. Support field teams with data driven report to ensure that IRC projects are implemented on time, within budget, meeting the quality standards in line with the IRC Nigeria Country SAP/IP and meeting all the requirements of the IRC Project Cycle Management (POM/PIM/PLM/PCM). Provide vital information to management in making key programmatic decisions. The role reports directly to the Deputy Operations, with key working relations with field coordinators, project managers, operations leads and grants.
- Leadership and management:
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Director Operations, Lead the project management unit for the CP and provide a supervisory role to the projects Coordinator, provide project management advisory and capacity building to field coordinators along with their respective teams, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the services of the project management unit. Act as a pillar of knowledge when it comes to matters surrounding project management.
- Budget Vs Actuals Coordination
- In collaboration with the Deputy Director Operations, develop and anchor monthly BvA schedules tailored to flagging and addressing any potential project Implementation gaps, lessons learned and action points. Following on agreed actions plans and holding relevant stakeholders accountable. Support (scheduling and run-through) SMT Bi-monthly deep dive on BvA.
- Humanitarian Coordination Representation:
- Effective and participatory Representation of the CP in the NE Humanitarian Coordination Meetings, making effective contributions and sharing back key and relevant minutes/information/action points that impact or contribute to effective IRC program implementation in the NE that the IRC Country Program should be made aware of.
- Project Cycle Management:
- Coordinate and schedule project cycle meetings (Project implementation Meeting (PIM), Project Learning meetings (PLM), Project closing Meeting) in line with project cycle management for respective grants as per PCM guidelines, and donor rules and regulations. Maintaining a cordial working relationship with the grants lead on development of donor reports.
- Project Management tools:
- Coordinating with project managers and field coordinators to monitor project management Plans (procurement plans, activity plans, work plans, spending plans, BvA) Vs actual implementation on the ground and report any variances to relevant stakeholders for immediate actioning.
- Project Health:
- Utilize IRC online tools such as Power Bi to develop project health reports across the CP and provide data driven feedback to management flagging any serious concerns with corrective recommendations and advise SMT as appropriate.
- Training and capacity building:
- Work with field coordinators, projector managers and operations’ sector leads to develop, schedule and coordinate training needs in consideration of documented challenges witnessed /associated with project implementation linked to project management. Provide basic and firsthand training on Project management cycle, project management tools, BvA, OTIS, Power Bi etc.
- Internal coordination Meetings:
- In coordination with respective sector leads, and Deputy Director Operations, take lead in developing and scheduling monthly internal coordination meetings that bring all sector leads into one forum to enhance intersectoral coordination and collaboration.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Deputy Director Operations
- Position directly supervises: Projects Coordinator
- Other key contacts: Field Coordinators, SAMs, SMT, Technical leads and Sector leads.
- 5+ years of experience in Projects management and coordination or grants management.
Demonstrated Skills And Competencies
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration or development studies or political sciences
- Language Skills: Excellent oral and written English
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Working knowledge of major donors’ rules, regulations, and standards
- Ability to effectively collaborate with different teams and triangulate from different disciplines with regards to project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Senior Projects Coordinator jobs