Catholic Relief Services’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Project Officer – Strategic Information (SI) jobs in Akwa Ibom
Job Location : Akwa Ibom
Deadline : October 22, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Job: Program Management
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- The USAID/Nigeria funded Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award Lot1 (ICHSSA1) is to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)are caredfor, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state governments to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- The ICHSSA1 project is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) in partnership with CRS, in Akwa Ibom and Cross States of Nigeria. The project seeks to improve the wellbeing of OVC and their caregivers in a coordinated and sustainable manner. CRS, as is a member of the consortium, manages the Strategic Information (SI) component of the award, among others. It is pertinent to develop new databases and/or management information systems (MIS), maintain and upgrade existing ones in order to respond to data management needs of the project in relation to its Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP), which will include but not limited to routine data collection, management, storage and reporting using appropriate indicators, tools and management information systems (MIS).
- The primary responsibility of the Senior Technical Specialist SI, which will be based in Akwa Ibom State will include, overall data management and technical support for the implementation of a wide range of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities at the Project office, State Ministries of Women Affairs (SMWA), and other OVC stakeholders and HIV treatment implementing partners (IPs) in Akwa Ibom State, in accordance with USAID OVC programmatic mandate and reporting requirements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the planning and delivery of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions for CSOs and ICHSSA1 Project MEAL team at all levels.
- Support the ICT4D/Database Specialist to ensure CSOs understand the information needs of project stakeholders and donors and adhere to system requirements
- Mentor and support the ICHSSA1 MEAL Technical Specialist and CSO M&E officers to ensure they understand the OVC indicators, data elements, data requirements and report formats of each of the MIS used by the project.
- Build capacity of CSOs and Project staff on the use and application the CHILD Monitor mobile app in collection and management of ICHSSA1 project data and ensure a seamless data transmission between the NOMIS and CHILD Monitor.
- Provided onsite support for the implementation and updates of the existing MIS systems used by the project and CSOs and this will include but not limited to onsite installation, setup, data entry procedures, and data transmission.
- Provide support for collation and processing of NOMIS data reports and other related reports from the CSOs.
- Provide technical support to Government of Nigeria (GoN) on the use and application of the various MIS (at national, state and LGA levels.
- Support the collection of georgraphic information system (GIS) coordinates of project site locations and the development of service maps
- Support the implementation of ICHSSA1 Project Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for data management and website development.
- Support the preparation of monthly, semi-annual and annual and ad-hoc reports from CSOs donors with strict adherence to standards and timelines.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to partners on a regular basis to monitor M&E systems
- Ensure that CSOs participate in the data quality assessments (DQA), understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations
- Support the organizational capacity assessments of the CSOs and implementation of the capacity building plans.
- Support the development of electronic data entry questionnaires using appropriate data management applications and statistical packages, during periodic surveys and data analysis.
- Develop new programs and adapt existing ones to new applications as the need arises, and in collaboration with IT unit and Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MEAL) units carry out systems analysis related to the study of new applications, testing and revision of programs.
- Participate in the M&E technical working group meeting to help ensure that the MIS platforms are being implemented by all CSOs correctly.
- Attend relevant ICHSSA1 project management and technical meetings, including community of practice meetings, to ensure close coordination between program, management, and M&E staff
- Participate in the M&E Working group to help ensure that the system is being implemented by all CSOs correctly.
- Attend relevant ICHSSA1 project management and technical meetings to ensure close coordination between program, management, and M&E staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science with emphasis in Community-based (or OVC) Development Programme, Public Health, Statistics or any development related fields.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E, data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV, OVC, TB, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least two year with a NGOs.
- Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, working under pressure, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Experience in managing broad-based databases, data management applications, statistical packages and MIS including: MS Office (Excel, Access, power point), NOMIS, SQL, ORACLE, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives / targets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs):
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees of the project, CSOs, USAID, government staff, others OVC stakeholders and HIV Treatment implementing partners in Akwa Ibom State, in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Must possess ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic program and fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrated progression in career with increasing responsibilities.
- Prior experience selecting and implementing learning management systems (LMS).
- Able to work flexible hours when needed.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: ICHSSA1 Akwa State Program Officers, CRS/ICHSSA1 MEAL Officer & Technical Specialist,
- External: CSOs MEAL/SI Officers and State Ministry of Women Affairs (SMWA) counterparts.
- Must be proficient both in written and spoken English language.
- Knowledge of any of the local languages in Akwa Ibom state could be an added advantage.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40 % of the time.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
What We Offer
- CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs in Nigeria
*ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs in Akwa Ibom
*Senior Project Officer – Strategic Information (SI) in Akwa Ibom
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online