KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Senior Program Officer jobs in Delta
Job Location : Delta
Deadline : October 01, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Vacancy Number: KN46
USAID Nigeria TB LON Region 1 and 2 Project
The TB LON Project is funded by USAID Nigeria and focuses on locally generated solutions to provide TB prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and notification, while addressing stigma and discrimination. The TB LON region 1 and 2 project is to be implemented by KNCV TB foundation Nigeria to expand the provision of and increase access to TB services among formal and informal health providers through the engagement of the private sector, umbrella and local chapters of health and allied professional organizations, faith-based institutions, communities and civil society.
The project is targeted at increasing the number of tuberculosis (TB) cases that are detected, treated and notified to 437,895 within the five year grant implementation period 2020 to 2025 and implemented across 14 states in Nigeria; Bauchi, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Imo and Rivers State. The projectÛªs four intermediate results are as follows:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB, DR-TB, and TB/Human Immunodeficiency Virus (TB/HIV) services;
- Strengthened TB service delivery platforms;
- ReducedTB disease transmission and progression and
- Accelerated TB innovations with improved impact on program implementation
KNCV Nigeria is working with a consortium of partners- two sub recipients- CCCRN and KNCV International and six strategic service package providers- Intrasat Global, IPCD, Jana Health Foundation, Diadem Consult, Public Health Concerns Ltd and TB Network. Towards meeting the project set targets, KNCV Nigeria and partners adopted a mixed model of community and facility based, health systems strengthening strategies and digital solutions to find TB cases in a Roll in, Roll on and Roll out staged approach. Roll in is in year 1 which is the planning stage, collaborations and capacity building, Roll on is the saturation stage in Year 2,3 and 4 while Roll out in year 5 is the transitioning Stage.
Purpose of the Position
- The Senior Program Officer is expected to be embedded within the state TB program team and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of all LON activities in collaboration with the State TB team.
- Hierarchically, the Senior Program Officer reports to the Cluster Lead/Senior Program Manager.
As a Senior Program Officer you will:
- Organize & conduct regular health facility supervision to ensure quality of the TB initiative and service delivery.
- Organize & conduct on the job health facility based training for Laboratory and DOTS services.
- Support facility assessments and strategic expansion of AFB, GeneXpert and DOTS services.
- Support the State TB program to create awareness and demand for TB services.
- Organize & conduct regular visits to health facilities to ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to LON M&E plan.
- Support state TB program on coordination of prompt treatment initiation and monitoring of all diagnosed DR-TB patients in the community.
- Support state TB program on routine data analysis & utilization.
- Support and facilitate state TB/HIV partnersÛª forum to coordinate partnersÛª support and implementation of key intervention areas.
- Assist in coordinating the Project portfolio to ensure key performance indicators (KPI) are met and LON impact is in line with strategy.
- Ensure that LON project reports are developed and submitted on time; are of good quality, and the evidence they contain is accurately captured and submitted monthly to the TB LON Coordinator.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned
- A Degree in Medicine (an MPH degree will be an additional advantage)
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 4 years experience working with: HIV & TB program at various levels
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
*Senior Program Officer jobs in Nigeria
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Delta
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a short cover letter, and updated CV with 3 professional referees via: [email protected] indicating the job position and vacancy number as the subject of the email and in your Cover Letter subject heading.
Note: The title of your CV and Cover Letter should be your first name and last name. (e.g. John Doe Cover Letter and John Doe CV).
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Nigeria