Job title : Senior Method & Performance Engineer
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 30, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Coordinate the activities passing through the Well Delivery Process, including the necessary interfaces with Internal (Field Ops, Engineering and Construction, Subsurface and Planning) and external (government, regulatory Agencies, contractors etc) stakeholders to maximize the value of Drilling & Well operations.
- Foster a Quality culture within the teams. Set standards and expectations to deliver best-in-class performance across all Drilling & Wells activities through robust internal stakeholder engagement and external contractor management.
- Guarantee the accomplishment of Well operations in compliance with codes of practice, safety and environmental protection, while optimising costs and lead times.
- Contribute to the return on Exploration & Production investments, through a continuous process to improve the equipment/ resource usage, services and operational procedures.
- Ensures personal commitment to COMPANY’s policies, standards, codes of conduct and HSE requirements.
- Ensure best engineering practices are deployed on Drilling & Wells operations (Daily cost > 1M$/day; 30-90M$/well).
- Act as Lead in Interface with Contractors, Authorities & Partners external to the Company: NAPIMS, DPR, NCDMB, NNRA, IOCs and other operators etc.
- Facilitate progressive process evolution with use of both in-house and external software to support improvements in Quality Management, Operational Performance and Process Efficiency.
- Assist the operations teams and to prepare in close collaboration with other entities (GSR, C&P, ECP, Planning, Project team, Finance etc.) medium to long term drilling plans to achieve safe and cost-effective operations.
- Supports the Manager, Methods and Performance and Head, Materials and QAQC in ensuring the optimal support to Drilling & Well Operations (Rig-based, SEWOP, Barge and Rigless operations).
- Spearheads the preparation, planning, optimization, and follow-up of Solutions for Performance targeted at Drilling & Wells Operations.
- Drives the Digital transformation roadmap for the Drilling and Wells metier in the affiliate.
- Mentors Junior Engineers and Supervisors, shares experience and best practices, reviews documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Leads the LEAN, Cost rationalization and continuous improvement culture within the Methods and Performance Team.
- Ensures lessons learnt and best practices are captured and communicated within the Drilling & Wells Metier and to external stakeholders.
- Follows up and assists in closing out any highlighted improvement actions.
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions i.e. Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity and Fluids.
- Has good knowledge of Company referential, industry standards and best practices required to achieve well objectives in a safe and optimum manner
- Proposes new ideas and innovations to improve well performance, well operations performance, reduce risk and/or cost. Conduct studies to establish benchmark and improve performance.
- Be competent enough to manage small work group(s) comprising engineers, superintendents, supervisors, and contractors to resolve engineering/technical issues
- Participate in the sharing of professional experience through REX.
- Monitor operations and cost across the Driling & Wells Spectrum to capture lessons learnt with a view to improve on subsequent activities.
- Provide support for Engineering compliant with technical referential, at adequate quality to enhance Safety, Performance and Well Delivery
- Ensure that studies to improve performance are conducted and results implemented.
- Assist with the optimisation of activities of service providers and assess their performance when required
- Assist with the planning and mobilisation of resources (personnel, equipment, contracts) for the execution of approved well operations in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintain good interface with other entities internal and external for the optimisation of well operations
- Assist with the preparation and conduct invitations to tender for service and equipment contracts for Drilling & Wells teams when required.
- A Degree in the Sciences or Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years relevant technical experience with onshore and offshore Well engineering roles
- Good knowledge of Data Analysis Tools & Methods, Communication (oral & written) and Presentation skills.
- Good knowledge drilling engineering/ operations, completion engineering, well interventions and well integrity.
- Good knowledge of material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedure, stock management
- Good knowledge of the Company rules, Guides and Manuals, General Specifications and the CMS related to
- Drilling and Wells, Safety, QA/QC and associated metiers
- Good knowledge of Contracts and Procurement, Finance and Cost control
- Good knowledge of Relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Engineering / Technical jobs
- Senior Method & Performance Engineer jobs