1 week ago
Job title : Senior Management Accountant jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Senior Management Accountant supports management planning and decision making by providing analysis and reporting on key financial information emanating from business operations, cashflow, income, and expenses.
- The role also supports cost and revenue optimization by generating and monitoring forecasts, budgets, and risk analysis.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Improve the company’s accounting operations, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures.
- Forecast cash flow positions and available funds for investment.
- Ensure sufficiency of funds to meet operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain relationship with company bankers.
- Maintain payment relationship with the suppliers.
- Prepare reports on the company’s assets, financial performance, liquidity and main risks.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure timely preparation and review of financial accounts.
- Prepare timely, regular management accounts for the company.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
INTERNAL CONTROL & AUDIT MANAGEMENT
- Prepare Management Accounts for financial audit exercise.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit.
- Review the internal control processes including financial controls for likely submission to external auditors, upon request.
- Liaise with external auditors for the Prepare By Client (PBC) checklist and provide authorized feedback as necessary.
- Attend to auditors queries and complaints for immediate resolutions.
- Update the GL/Control Accounts with the approved audit adjustment journals.
- Conduct and direct audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Prepare Trial Balance with lead schedules for the control account balances for audit purposes.
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls, and timeliness of documentation generation.
MANAGEMENT OF TAXES AND STATUTORY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Advise on best practice for tax planning with appropriate tax rates full compliance and prevention of sanctions.
- Obtain information on taxes and statutory contributions from relevant designated authorities to update the internal business processes.
- Develop a robust policy on tax compliance, deductions, remittances and reporting.
- Compute accurate taxes (CIT, EDT, WHT, VAT) based on standard rates and basis.
- Advise with approved memo for taxes payable.
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns (WHT & VAT) with all relevant authorities to avoid penalties and fines.
- Statutory obligations (Pension, HMO, Group Life)
- 13th Month
- Leave Allowance
- Bonus based on Company’s Performance
- Annual salary range is NGN 8m 11m.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting, treasury operations or corporate finance
- Audit experience with the big four is an added advantage
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Senior Management Accountant jobs
- Salary Offer: *********