Malaria Consortium’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior M & E Officer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : July 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- The Senior M&E Officer will serve as the main focal person for all Research, MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) activity which include data validation, DQA, coordination meetings, capacity building in data quality and supportive supervisory visit to strengthen health management information system in SMC project in the state.
- S/he will assist and report to the state project manager / State technical officer regarding the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
Scope of Work
- The incumbent will work as part of the project team under the direct supervision and guidance of the state coordinator and indirectly through the SMC project manager for the attainment of the project goal.
Key Working Relationships:
- The officer working under the line-management of the State Coordinator and in close collaboration with the state, LGA, community actors, stakeholders and partners would deliver aspects of the project as per the specified job tasks and expected deliverables.
Technical contributions 50%:
- Plan and implement M&E activities related to ACCESS SMC in the approved work plan under the guidance of the Project Manager
- Serve as the focal person for all monitoring and evaluation related work for the project within the state.
- Ensure high quality data are available on a regular and timely basis for programmatic decision making
- Manage the information-gathering process for results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers, presentations, etc. for various audiences as needed. (I suggest ïmanage the data collection and management processes before, during and after each round of mass SMC drug administration, including sentinel site monitoring)
- Coordinate the documentation of ACCESS SMC activities in form of reports and ensure proper archiving of such for easy access and reference
- Assist program and project manager to develop robust monitoring plans for quantitative and qualitative reporting on project performance indicators.
- Adapt and maintain a high quality database for the project in line with the regional standards.
- Contribute to work plans, sub agreements, budgets, pipelines, technical reports, and deliverables.
- Routinely monitor project performance against targets and prepare periodic reports on M&E activities for ACCESS SMC Project.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design including development of survey protocols
Program Management (10%):
- Support SMoH staff with coordinating program management activities, by ensuring that the recommended coordination meetings hold at the LGA and state levels.
- Work with the state and LGA Ministry of Health staff to ensure that reports are obtained from all health facilities within the state through appropriate state-specific mechanisms.
- Participate in regular monitoring and supervisory visits to the GF-supported health facilities, and ensure that action plans are developed for identified gaps.
- Support health facilities with ensuring that all items in the action plans are addressed and all outstanding gaps are closed.
- Support programming staff to engage key populations in monitoring and evaluating program’s performance and to incorporate participatory methods into M&E systems in Nigeria.
- Orient program staff and partners on the basic principles and practices of beneficiary accountability in Nigeria.
- Support the development and implementation of feedback and response channels to reflect the preferences of community members and beneficiaries.
- Ensure that beneficiary feedback is adequately documented, addressed, analyzed, and utilized by program teams.
Knowledge Management and Learning (20%):
- Ensure that state M&E and program teams regularly review and accordingly adjust M&E plans and tools in the light of changes and needs in the field context based on monitoring data and reflection sessions.
- Support learning-to-action events and reflection sessions to systematically analyze data for programmatic use for the state, and to document and incorporate lessons learned into program design and implementation.
- Conduct regular data review and analysis for feedback to states for program improvement, and for updates to national level (MC and government).
- Support program staff in key activities including development of a learning agenda, organizing regular learning events, supporting operations research, and reflecting, documentation, and communication of learning initiatives.
- Support knowledge management systems and practices to gather, document and share best practices with project team, MC country office, government and technical partners. Collaborate with M&E and program staff to develop learning briefs, project bulletins and other materials for dissemination.
- Promote adoption of the best practices in knowledge management by other project staff and government partners.
- Liaise with technical counterparts in the State Ministry of Health, and other local stakeholders engaged in malaria activities in Nigeria.
- Participate in events/ meetings related to Monitoring, Evaluation and research, including quarterly Principal Recipient and Sub-recipients quarterly review meetings.
- Actively participate in the M&E Community of Practice and government M&E staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Statistics, Demography, Mathematics or any other relevant quantitative relevant discipline
- Demonstrable contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, social and cultural constraints and realities related to community assessment, project design, evaluation and implementation
- Cognate experience in monitoring and evaluation of community-based interventions is highly desirable
- Experience in managing HMIS and CLMS as well as familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems will be added advantages.
- Experience in survey design and implementation, development of data bases and analysis and write up of survey results
- Demonstrated skills in data management and quantitative data analysis
Work-based skills and competencies:
- A solid understanding of health systems strengthening
- Proficiency in database management especially DHIS; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and demonstrable experience with statistical software packages (Stata, SPSS, Epi Info)
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Proven writing, communication and presentation skills in English
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Facilitation and coordination skills
- The ideal candidate must be attentive to detail, highly organised, flexible and self-motivated with excellent communication skills in written and oral communication
- He/she must clearly display the ability to effectively prioritise and perform tasks to meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online