Job title : Senior Legal Counsel – Pan Africa
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : September 22, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Reporting to the Director, Pan Africa Programs, the Senior legal Counsel will advise the Pan Africa (PANA) Programs Leadership team and provide legal support to key Foundation stakeholders.
- The role will drive business results while operating in a culturally and organisationally diverse environment.
Ways you can contribute:
- Work with the PANA leadership and prospective partners to design programs and interventions that achieve the Foundations goals.
- Work closely with the Programs Compliance team to ensure conformity with the Foundation’s charitable purposes.
- Review, draft and negotiate Programmatic and investment agreements.
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance team in providing support to Pan Africa program teams in review of funding proposals and new program areas.
- Negotiate and review vendor contracts and communicate feedback appropriately.
- Monitor vendor contract compliance on project implementation and related risk management issues.
- Provide legal support on projects, programs post contracting and other transactions related to the Foundation’s operations.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and respond to legislative developments affecting the Foundation in the countries where the Pan Africa programs are implemented.
- Have primary responsibility for the daily legal operations within the PANA team including labour and employment, dispute resolution and regulatory matters while working closely with other legal sub-functions.
- Work closely with a wide variety of partners i.e., funds, banks, and other financial institutions in implementing the Foundations programs, programmatic investments, and other financial instruments to further the Foundation’s goals.
- Manage external legal firms and the legal budget.
- Provide support in policy discussions and negotiations with officials internally and externally, developing relationships with members of the legal profession and lawyers working in external law firms and/or partner agencies in relevant countries.
- Support the continuous improvement of legal processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance Team to maintain and upgrade legal documentation.
- Champion a values-based compliance culture as our organization evolves.
- Lead response to legislative developments affecting the Foundation compliance Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Degree in Law or equivalent (LLB or JD)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a reputable firm or in-house position with a demonstrated record of success.
- Experience in financial services and/or investment management will be an advantage.
- Strong leadership, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills and is open and receptive to feedback.
- Ability to work independently while supporting the broader team delivery.
- Flexible, adaptable, agile, and able to execute a range of job duties with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures and to distill complex information and data into accessible conversation and written pieces.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Law / Legal jobs
- Senior Legal Counsel – Pan Africa jobs