2 weeks ago
Job title : Senior Journalist, Igbo Service
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : June 05, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Responsible for an area of output, including editorial control, reporting, selection and compilation of material, production, leading teams and planning and implementing effective use of resources
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for originating and producing stories which may include scripting, editing, outputting, filming and presenting content across a range of BBC output.
- Commission and select relevant materials ensuring they meet expectations of our audiences and adhere to the BBC’s editorial guidelines.
- May be required to undertake on-air reporting, may be required to film and edit material for broadcast where appropriate.
- May include the production and presentation of live or recorded programmes.
- May be required to present live or recorded content on radio, TV or online.
- As required, to allocate work to a team and check progress; ensure the professional contribution of staff and the quality of output.
- Seek ways to increase diversity in our workforce and to ensure that our output reflects the audiences we serve.
- Deliver journalism of the highest standard and within the required timeframe using available resources.
- To act as a facilitator of change, clearly communicating and distributing best practices between teams.
- Delivering to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest editorial standards.
- At all times to carry out duties in accordance with the BBC health and safety policy.
Knowledge, Skills, Training & Experience
- A high standard of editorial judgment, writing ability and production skills based on substantial broadcast journalism experience.
- Maximises opportunities offered by existing and emerging technologies to their fullest extent.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of more than one team. Resolving conflicts as necessary.
- Ability to manage resources, staff, technical facilities and budgets, in order to make challenging broadcasting in the most cost effective manner.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving diversity in the BBC and understands how individual differences can benefit the BBC.
- Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Ability to write creatively in an engaging manner, adapt, produce and translate with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media suitable for multimedia output.
- The flexibility and adaptability to sustain performance, particularly under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities and circumstances.
- An understanding of health and safety procedures and how they apply to broadcasting
- Decision making Significant level of responsibility.
- Uses initiative but seeks guidance where necessary.
- No line management responsibility but may mentor more junior staff.
- Scope A senior journalist covering a wide range of journalism activity, with significant experience and responsibility for programme/content creation.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- Senior Journalist, Igbo Service jobs