International Rescue Committee’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Finance Officer jobs in Borno
Job Location : Borno
Deadline : November 27, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the worldÛªs worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015. IRC has ECHO, OFDA, and Gates funds to respond to health, nutrition, GBV, and WASH activities. In late 2014 and early 2015, IRC received additional funds from SV, SIDA, USAID, and UNICEF to carry out education, child protection, general protection, emergency food distributions, shelter support, and NFI distributions to newly displaced IDPs. In late 2015 into early 2016, IRC received Swiss and UNHCR funds for additional emergency response humanitarian-focused programming in NE Nigeria
- Help in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up
- Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness
- Review spreadsheets from field sites before uploading to sun.
- Conduct regular timesheets audit to ensure consistent adherence.
- In liaison with Logistics and Administration departments, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports.
- Review bank reconciliation monthly from main office Cashier and field site.
- Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
- Forward to the Payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7, for recovery.
- Review Payrolls
- Prepare Payroll JV for upload to SUN
- Serve as a technical resource person for the accounting department. Assist on matters relating to payroll processing and be a finance focal person on payroll issues.
- Supervise all activities done daily in the Accounts department.
- Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- In liaison with Logistics department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports,
- Act, at all times in accordance with country law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget guidelines and instructions.
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Be receptive to training provided and to develop his or her technical and professional competence.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from the Country Director and Finance Controller.
- Do the month end up loading to SUN.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Finance Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Finance Assistant
Indirect Reporting: Finance Manager and Assistant Finance Controller
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All Sectors within IRC Nigeria
BachelorÛªs degree in accounting, or Finance or CPA. Advanced Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions with a minimum of three (3) years of accounting experience. Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage. The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Borno
*Senior Finance Officer in Borno
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online