DAI’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior DEEI Communications Specialist / Principal DEEI Communications Specialist jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : November 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Job Code: 6758
Grade: 8 – 9
Reports to: Vice President, Global Communications
Function of the Position
- Under the guidance and direction of the Vice President, Global Communications- while maintaining a strong day-to-day working relationship with the Global Head of DEEI – the DEEI Communications Specialist / Senior Specialist will support internal and external communications at DAI, with a particular focus on enhancing DAI’s messaging around diversity, equity, engagement, and inclusion.
- As an integral part of DAI’s Corporate Communications team, the DEEI Specialist / Senior Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that DAI applies a consistent approach across all our DEEI touch points; communicates to staff and other stakeholders accurately, authentically, and sensitively about all matters related to DEEI; and considers and integrates DEEI principles and concerns across the enterprise, from executive communications to website content. The DEEI Specialist/Senior Specialist will counsel and support the Global Head of DEEI in various communications assignments, from industry presentations to Board reporting and in-person meetings, and will serve as the go-to partner for our DEEI function in developing and executing its communications initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently develop communications plans and strategies for DEEI-related projects. This includes driving the development of the plan and drafting any supporting messaging.
- Partner with other Communications team members to determine the best channels for maximum impact and provide any executive-level messaging.
- Develop and work on communication plans and strategies for DEEI programs and broader business initiatives that will benefit from the application of a DEEI lens.
- Work with DEEI partners, Communications team members, and subject matter experts to incorporate DEEI perspectives into DAI’s communications, as applicable.
- Provide Communications team members with insight into DEEI programs and principles to ñconnect the dotsî and tell a consistent story across the enterprise and beyond.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needs evolve.
- Grade 8: 5 years relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree; OR, 3 years relevant experience and a Master’s degree.
- Grade 9: 7 years relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree; OR, 5 years relevant experience and a Master’s degree. (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Outstanding writer and editor able to draft camera-ready copy without supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work across a large organization with internal team leaders including executive-level staff
- Ability to master the big picture of DAI’s business strategy and DEEI commitments while fastidiously attending to detail
- Fluency in various media and communications channels text, video, graphics, audio, live presentations, social networking, event management, etc.
- Experience supporting communication programs for large, highly engaged organizations; in-depth understanding of current trends in the communications space, with an emphasis on internal communications and organizational engagement
- Strong, nuanced understanding of DEEI issues
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needs evolve.
- Experience developing communication plans, managing cross-functional projects, and creating messaging around DEEI
- Knowledge of international development
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online