1 week ago
Job title : Senior Database System Administrator jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies defines and assesses the properties and specifications necessary for the database management system (DBMS) to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Defines a logical database structure for application development based on the organizational structure of the company.
- Defines and executes procedures for testing and implementing new applications in the database environment.
- Develops and implement policies and procedures related to data security and integrity.
- Analyses the database needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage.
- Develops, implements, and monitors access policies, limiting database access on a need-related basis.
- Develops, maintains and controls additional corporate data libraries specific to the organization, industry, or locality.
- Ensures project and department milestones and goals are met on time and within budget
- Assesses current and projected database performance and recommends changes and enhancements.
- Drafts training documentation and guidelines for analysts and end users.
- Resolves data conflicts for matters such as naming conventions, data privacy, and data ownership.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in DBMS and related technology.
- Defining and implementing event triggers that will alert on potential database performance or integrity issues.
- Monitoring usage, transaction volumes, response times, concurrency levels, etc.
- Actively participates in planning the installation of new organization-wide systems and applications.
- Continuous review and evaluation of the software, hardware, service delivery, and updates as and when required.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans using high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for End-Users.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A good University Degree or HND in Computer, Electrical Engineering or other applicable courses, plus relevant professional IT qualification such as: Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL server DB, Server virtualization, PL/SQL, Servers administration (Windows, Linux, Unix etc.) OCA, OCP, MCSA etc.
- Minimum of 6 – 10 years of continuous working experience in Database administration.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- ICT Jobs in Nigeria jobs
- Senior Database System Administrator jobs
- Salary Offer: *********