Job title : Senior Business Finance Partner – SSA
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 05, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
As a Senior Business Finance Partner, you will partner closely with business leaders and other key stakeholders in Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) and the Middle East Russia and Africa (MERA) Region, providing insightful analytics and high-quality decision support to drive business performance and improve financial position. The candidate is expected to be an independent thinker, capable of working and thinking autonomously, and able to clearly articulate financial insights to colleagues at all levels. This role will provide leadership on various financial matters and will be a senior member of the Finance team, working collaboratively with other colleagues in Finance, and always upholding our values of integrity.
- Manage operating plan and forecasting cycles, coordinating between the different stakeholders and ensuring all deliverables are met on time.
- Monthly analysis and commentary of net revenues, cost of sales, operating expenses, receivable, and other major balance sheet items.
- Monthly presentations of financial performance / position to local and regional leaders.
- Monthly inventory reviews, including expiries, obsolescence assessments, and partnering with stakeholders to optimise inventory levels.
- Liaising between stakeholders in Finance and other departments to optimize Accounts Receivable position and cashflows.
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders to preempt risk and identify opportunity and ensure appropriate communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Partner closely with other Finance stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting of financial performance and position.
- Ensuring timely submissions of financial data into key financial systems during financial cycles.
- Other periodic analyses, including pricing and profitability, and inventory mark-ups.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analyses as requested by the Business Finance Director and participate in local projects in SSA.
- Actively participate in, and potentially lead, certain MERA-wide Business Finance projects and other enterprise initiatives.
Education And Experience
- Essential in this position is a financial qualification (e.g. Accounting/ Finance/ Economics/ Business or Analytical emphasis)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in a multinational environment
- Experience in FMCG or pharmaceutical industries is key
- Professional Affiliations/Qualifications (CIMA, CA, CPA, ACCA, etc.) will be an added advantage
Technical Skills Requirements
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking. Detail-oriented but also able to think strategically, identifying broader themes from data and communicating relevant insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including fluent English.
- Able to communicate with all levels in organization.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and confident in putting forward suggestions.
- Ambitious; desire to learn and develop with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Orientation towards teams’ goals and stakeholder needs, collaborative and flexible workstyle.
- Must be able to work effectively in a global and multi-cultural environment.
- Competent in financial modelling and proficient user of Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Behavioural Skills And Attributes
- Multi-tasker with ability to work under pressure
- Aptitude and willingness to learn, driven to achieve
- High levels of attention to detail with focus on quality and accuracy
- Accurate data management skills to ensure that all the financial information given to internal customers is authentic, accurate & timely provided
- Team player, good communicator/presenter
- Ability to work independently
- Assertive and able to meet deadlines
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Senior Business Finance Partner – SSA jobs