Job title : Senior Business Development Specialist
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 19, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Lead business development activities for and/or in support of technical practices within the Global Health Division for work funded by USAID and other key donors and clients.
- Explore business opportunities in key markets, including countries with an already existing RTI presence as well as within new countries. Advise on the selection of new capture markets over time.
- Responsible for identifying, understanding, and developing potential clients, including host governments and private sector actors. Identifying and qualifying key partner organizations and potential staff; and evaluating competitor activities. Responsible for maintaining these relationships and partnerships once created.
- Facilitate proposal preparation and development processes to achieve high-quality submissions.
- Mentor and develop capacity in business development for technical experts and junior-level staff.
- Serve as key contributor to proposal development and leadership including proposal lead, section writer, strategy developer, and other roles as needed.
- Represent the Global Health Division to donors, private sector companies, foundations, and professional and voluntary associations, identifying synergies and developing partnerships and alliances as appropriate. Present and speak effectively on RTI’s broader institutional capabilities.
- Identify and develop public-private partnerships (PPPs) and cost-share alliances with private sector, foundation, and non-governmental partners.
- Responsible for communicating business development intelligence gathered to technical divisions and field staff in a timely and open manner.
- Participate in broad IDG representation to clients and partners, as required in Washington DC or elsewhere to include active networking through RTI institutional memberships, attendance at work-related events, and promotion of RTI broadly in the international development community.
- Master’s Degree with 3 years of relevant work experience or bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience capturing and supporting the development of winning proposals for USAID.
- Previous experience in and working knowledge of the global health sector strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent an organization to external audiences.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills with proven experience applied in international context.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex information to multiple audiences working in the international development.
- Excellent writing skills, including proposal writing skills, and ability to present information in an articulate and concise manner.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and collaborate inclusively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must be able to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously and prioritize as necessary.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under deadlines, both independently and as a team member.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce and/or SharePoint.
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods as needed.
- Proficiency in French preferred, other language proficiency (Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Sales / Retail / Business Development jobs
- Senior Business Development Specialist jobs