1 week ago
Job title : Senior Associate, Communications
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 06, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
Tasks and responsibilities
Communication Strategy and Action Planning
- Develop, plan, and implement the execution of GAIN Nigeria communication strategy and the activities organised across online and offline channels in alignment with GAIN’s priorities, corporate communications, and country needs. Content Generation and Media Engagement
- Work closely with GAIN’s project teams and travel regularly to the field to deliver compelling content and imagery for both local and global audiences, showcasing GAIN’s work in Nigeria and impact in addressing malnutrition.
- Develop and regularly update a database of communication and advocacy resources that can be utilized by GAIN Nigeria outreach to various audiences.
- Deliver regular thought leadership content i.e. interviews, podcasts, opinion pieces and related content.
- Collaborate closely with global communications in ensuring branding guidelines are accurately utilized and reflected in the development of GAIN Nigeria assets.
- Identify key opportunities to profile country leadership in relevant convening settings i.e., as speakers in events or webinars or networks of local organisations.
- Develop media plans to coordinate outreach to public and media and messaging to be consistent in with GAIN Nigeria brand.
- Manage media relations and deliver media briefing kits including press releases or live streaming press conferences and after event transcript files for high level selected milestones.
- Improve better understanding of the country media landscape to reach targeted audiences with tailored information.
- Monitor media coverage in-country, undertaking perception studies, and managing reputational threats as they occur.
- Strengthen and position the digital communication at country level through targeted digital engagement and positioning.
- Ensure that the GAIN Nigeria’s digital media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) are well maintained, updated, and aligned to GAIN corporate digital communications.
- Liaise with GAIN global communications to ensure GAIN Nigeria website page is regularly updated.
- Populate and deliver quality audio-visual services and when needed, commission external vendors to ensure we have availability of quality multimedia tools such as photos, infographics, and videos.
- Keep up with digital changes and identifying areas for improvements using pictures, infographics, tell better stories, and creating a fast but lasting impact.
- Develop some innovative digital initiatives showing impact of GAIN’s work, identify relevant platforms for storytelling and engaging with relevant communities.
Coordination and Capacity Building
- Build internal communications capacity by providing timely and effective information on key developments and initiatives to GAIN Nigeria staff and promote stronger staff engagement.
- Support and/or deliver communications training for in-country teams for high impact communications delivery.
- Lead in end-to-end event management and coordination of key high-level events.
- Provide guidance, tools and content to GAIN Nigeria teams to reinforce coherence in messaging and brand.
- Systematically employ monitoring and metric tools for measuring impact, gauging gaps and assisting fine tuning of our public communications strategy.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Key organisational relationships
- Head of Policy & Advocacy
- Nigeria Country Programme Teams
- A dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in multicultural environments.
- Highly adept in translating complex and technical information tailored to different audiences.
- Ability to synthesise complex content into simple terms.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-tasking, and work well independently under pressure to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, cross-functional team with a flexible and adaptable approach.
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity.
- Dialogue, negotiation, and advocacy skills are up to the mark.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solution-oriented with a commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Understanding of the food system including overall understanding the importance of nutrition.
- Understanding of government policies related to key advocacy issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coach, inspire and influence. Strong team player.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix management structure is critical.
- Passion for creative storytelling and new ideas with examples to showcase these.
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to GAIN’s Core Values, vision, mission in the approach to work and relationships.
- Proven experience in in communication, interactive digital media, print and broadcast media
- Strong experience in working with the development or private sector in terms of media promotion.
- Proven ability of developing and managing a communications strategy and coordinating internal and external communications.
- Proven ability to write, produce a wide range of communication content including and reports, fact sheet, news, article, features, case study etc.
- Proven experience working on social media, graphics design, photography, videography, PowerPoint, Microsoft word and excel and interactive digital media.
- Expertise and experience of working in communication and working with Government, UN, development partners, media, and research agencies a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or journalism or international relations and development or relevant qualification / experience.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Media / Advertising / Branding jobs
- Senior Associate, Communications jobs