Daystar Power Energy Solution’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Senior Accountant
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 05, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- We are seeking to engage a competent Senior Accountant, who will play a team-lead role in ensuring the timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of financial reporting processes.
- This includes preparing monthly management accounts, maintaining general ledgers, coordinating month-end/year-end close procedures, and assisting with audit activities.
- We are seeking a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for subsidiary entities and support group consolidation.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of the company’s financial performance using relevant KPIs.
- Review and reconcile general ledger entries on the accounting system.
- Maintain detailed fixed asset register and prepare monthly fixed asset summary schedule.
- Work closely with Operations team to ensure all fixed asset and inventory records are complete and accurate.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts with corresponding subsidiary entities across the group.
- Support Financial Controller with coordinating month-end/year-end close process.
- Prepare and coordinate tasks for audit activities, including statutory audit and tax audit.
- Review and recommend improvements to accounting systems for optimal efficiency.
- Manage insurance on fixed asset portfolio including claims process.
- Supervise and coach junior accountants.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls accountant.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related disciplines – Accounting or Finance.
- Chartered accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA) is required.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in an audit firm will be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS requirements and accounting principles.
- Proven experience with preparing financial statements and coordinating month-end/year-end close process.
- English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate leader with excellent team leadership skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Highly inquisitive mindset with an aptitude for numbers.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently but also work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with accounting systems e.g., QuickBooks, SAP.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Excel.
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online