Jolly Energy Fleet Limited’s Career and Recruitment Vacancy
Job title : Senior Accountant jobs in Delta
Job Location : Delta
Deadline : November 15, 2021
Quick Recommended Links
Location: Warri, Delta
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
- The senior accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures and manages all financial related department such as Marketing, Procurement, Sales and Accounts.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Prepare financial management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
- Monitor and support taxation issues
- Develop and maintain financial data bases
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments, and future revenues
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Manage financial related department such that they report to to the senior accountant in all their job engagements,
- Set Targets for Marketers and sales outlets
- Ensure stringent control over all the financial activities of the organization. Presenting to the management needs assurance of the authenticity of the financial records and the efficiency of the operations of the firm.
Perfect Accounting System:
- Responsible for keeping a very close check on the accounting system the organization as presented by the company accountant. To checks everything from the vouchers to the authority of transactions to mathematical accuracy.
- Ensuring that entries are verified against documents and other proof. Chances of mistakes or frauds should greatly be reduced.
Review of Business:
- Responsible to keep a check on the financial and operational aspects of a business. So as the current financial year is ongoing, accounts/finance control can point out the mistakes, weak points, and strengths of the business. This will allow an ongoing review, instead of waiting till the year-end.
- Ensure weekly audit of entire company activity, that must be submitted at the end of every month. In the process of internal audit, there is always a valuation and verification of an asset.
- There is also a physical verification of the ownership and possession of the asset. And in case of special transactions like sale, purchase or revaluation of the asset, the authorization of this is also audited in an internal audit to be done by the finance/accounts audit control. So, the assets enjoy complete protection.
- Keeps a Check on Errors and effect controls and corrections for company accountant, procurement, marketing lead, and sales team
- Consistent follow up on daily activities and tracking of expenditures to avoid accumulating evidence that may warrant Tax liability.
- Prepare general template for instituting regular and timely presentation of income statement, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Proper business analysis must be conducted to forecast, budget and measure performance as well as planning that must be presented to management for effective decision making.
- While ensuring risk are manage and analyzed, management accountant must be able to identify trends, uncertainty, and opportunities for business improvement, make certain arrangement for external funding and financing of operations with an experienced knowledge in monitoring and enforcing compliance.
- Design and maintain a company financial system and supervise its bookkeepers and data workstations.
- A versatile knowledge on the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and basic tax principles. With the aim of improving the skills of colleagues to include the basic understanding of cost accounting.
- Applicant must have basic financial tools such as discounted cash flow, management economics, and key soft skills as communication, presentation, writing, persuasion, and interpersonal skills as well as emotional intelligence.
- Applicant must be able to display a technical understanding of information technology with sound understanding of excel, PowerPoint and key financial management tools.
- Applicant must have a clear understanding of the company vision and mission statement with the sole aim of placing colleagues and new intakes through the big picture by supporting managing in the decision-making process, such as structuring of the organization operation, keeping an eye on foundational risk assessment, capital investment and project financing and management.
- Senior accountant must have exceptional leadership and management skills, persuasive and convincing abilities, human capital management and financial management capabilities
- In recent time business visibility is key to enhancing productivity hence the need to be versatile with the use of social media for marketing and sales.
Education and Experience
- Accounting Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge of economic principles
- knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
- A minimum of 8-10 yearsÛª experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Knowledge and experience of accounting software
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a BachelorÛªs Degree in Accounting, eight to ten years of accounting experience and successful completion of ICAN exams and any other Accounting professional exams would be an added advantage.
- MBA or MSC in Accounting or any finance related subject is an added advantage
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Information and task monitoring
- Problem analysis
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Supervisory skills
- Stress tolerance
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
*Senior Accountant jobs in Nigeria
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Delta
How to Apply for this Offer
Note: Applicant must be willing to relocate at “self will” without company bearing any cost for relocation.
*Accounting / Financial Services jobs in Nigeria