7 days ago
Job title : Security Officer
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : June 25, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
How can you make a difference
- The Security Officer reports to the Security Specialist or Chief of Operations/Operations Manager for supervision.
- The Officer provides professional technical, operational, and administrative assistance to the supervisor to manage a range of activities on security planning, management, and risk assessments to ensure the safety and security of personnel and their eligible family members and safeguarding of UNICEF premises, assets, and resources at the duty station.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Security Risk Management and Planning
- Safety and Security Services
- Security Networking and Partnership Building
- Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Security Risk Management and Planning
- Provide supervisor with input related to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises, assets, and resources in accordance with UN and UNICEF Security Management Systems. Participate as a member of the security coordination cell established by United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS).
- In close coordination with the supervisor, assist in the implementation of all technical security requirements contained in the UN Security Plan, Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS), Residential Security Measures (RSM), and other relevant policies, guidelines, and assessments. Provide technical support for contracted security providers.
- Assist the supervisor in drafting technical input to UNICEF security documentation including security contingency plans and assist in drafting mandatory reports in accordance with UNICEF security reporting guidelines including Security Incident Reports (SIRs).
Safety and Security Services
- Monitor the security situation and provide information, through the supervisor, on emerging security threats to UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises assets and resources. Assist in security activities that support UNICEF operations and participate, as requested, in security risk management for all locations where UNICEF personnel and eligible family members are present.
- Ensure that UNICEF personnel are kept informed of matters affecting their safety and security and the actions to take in the event of an emergency including those identified in the UNICEF/UN Security Plans. Support the establishment of an effective and functioning communications system for security management within UNICEF that is fully integrated into the UN Emergency Communications System.
- Coordinate with UNDSS to ensure all UNICEF personnel undertake all mandatory security training/briefings and participate in all security related contingency exercises. Assist in the implementation of security surveys of international personnel residences in accordance with the Residential Security Measures (RSM).
Security Networking and Partnership Building
- In close coordination with UNDSS, actively participate and maintain official liaison with host government agencies, local authorities responsible for security, law and order, and counterparts in the UN.
Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Implement capacity-building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders on security-related preparedness and operations.
To qualify as an advocate for every child, you will have
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Security Risk Management, International Relations, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security, Counter Terrorism or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in global security risk management and/or security analysis is required.
- Experience working in a humanitarian organization with another UN agency or NGO is highly desirable.
- Experience in liaising or working with law enforcement agencies in Nigeria.
- The Security Diploma program is an asset.
- Demonstrated international security management experience and understanding of the United Nations Security Management System is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Security / Safety jobs
- Security Officer jobs