Mennonite Economic Development Associates’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Security Driver
Job Location : Bauchi
Deadline : October 02, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Drivers will provide safe, secure, and timely transportation for staff working on MEDA’s Youth Entrepreneurship and Women’s Empowerment project (WAY) in Nigeria.
- The position has an immediate start date in Bauchi city with frequent travel around the state and to neighboring states. It is a full-time contract for a 1-year contract with possible renewal up to 2024 and is supervised by the Security Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safe operation, usage, and maintenance of project vehicles.
- Provide security coverage for passengers in vehicle, ensuring their safe transportation
- Ensures all duties as driver of the assigned vehicle are performed in adherence with local traffic laws and MEDA Policies
- Responsible for accounting for each trip, record-keeping and attendant paperwork from each trip using MEDA Vehicle Logbook to ensure vehicle usage activities comply with MEDA Policies and GAC Rules and Regulations.
- Reports any problems identified in the vehicle and ensures all licenses and documents relating to the vehicle are renewed on time and as required.
- Supports program implementation through the implementation of safety approaches, procedures and protocols delineated by MEDA Security regarding travel, safety, and security.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Security Manager.
- Apply MEDA’s values in all activities cultural sensitivity, transparency, and integrity in all relationships.
- Candidates should possess an SSCE / GCE / NECO qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional driving. Experience driving for an International Organization or NGO highly preferred
- Valid Nigerian driver’s licence with an acceptable driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of Northern Nigeria geography. General familiarity with travel and security issues in the operating location is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under stressful conditions. Ability to adjust to shifting travel and security circumstances and facilitate operations accordingly.
- Ability to utilize equipment including mobile phones, satellite phones and GPS devices
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Fluency in Hausa required.
Application Closing Date: 15th September, 2022
How to Apply for this Offer
For Security Driver
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
For External Auditor
- Interested and qualified vendors should send their Proposals in PDF to “Hannah Ajieh” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using “RFP for External Audit Services” as the subject of the mail.
The RFP submissions should:
- Introduce the Audit firm and audit team, including the capability of the firm and team.
- Provide a description of the Vendor’s history and experience, especially as it relates to the not for profit and environmental field and recent relevant audits.
- Demonstrate understanding of the scope and complexity of the required work.
- Description of Vendor’s abilities related to audit services. Clearly outline if any services will be outsourced.
- Identify the person(s) who would be involved in the project, their proposed role on the project, and their experience and qualifications to fulfill that role.
- Clearly outline if any services will be outsourced.
- Describe any internal or external professional and technical services that will be called upon to assist in the audit.
- Provide a detailed description of the Audit firm’s proposed audit strategy, its processes, and deliverables, and outline the methodology and approaches that would be used in carrying out the audit.
- Provide a proposed timeline for each component of the audit services to be provided and indicate the proponent’s ability to meet the timelines as set out herein.
- Include a minimum of 2 client references (names, phone numbers and email addresses) who may be contacted to confirm the satisfactory delivery of service by key team member(s) on previous assignments.
- Late proposals will not be accepted.
- All proposal amounts shall be indicated in words and figures and shall include applicable taxes and any other associated costs the successful Vendor(s) will require.
- MEDA reserves the right to:
- Not award a contract as a result of this RFP.
- Modify the tasks based on negotiation with respondents.
- Award a contract to the same Vendor(s) for subsequent years.