1 week ago
Job title : Security Assistant
Job Location : Not specified
Deadline : June 23, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- The Security Assistant will be responsible for the assessments, security related guidance and enforce implementation of security policies, guidelines and procedures for the successful implementation of the WFP food security and nutrition project, with the support of the Safety and Security Manager.
Dimensions of the Role
- This will involve, but is not limited to: promoting a culture of security; security incident reporting; security guard oversight and management; monitoring and analysing security situation within the location of project implementation, supporting the development and implementation of Security related Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs).
- The scope of responsibility is for both Plan International and all authorised visitors.
Programme development & Quality Management:
- Regular attendance at relevant security meetings and forums for Jakusko LGA and Yobe state in general.
- Report on security incidents/threats to Security Manager/Security officer as the case may be on a regular basis (including analysis of trends) and focal persons at the deep field level.
- Attending security meeting at deep field levels in Jakusko.
- Effective networking with Government Security Forces.
- Managing and maintaining effective use of security communication equipment in Jakusko.
- Performing location assessment for Jakusko.
- Managing and facilitating staff/partners’ movements from Jakusko to Damaturu and other locations.
- Supporting visitors with post arrival briefing in the location.
- Working closely with project coordinator and community mobilization officer to drive acceptance of Plan International programme activities in Jakusko
- Tactically resolving youth and community conflict that could trigger into security incident.
- Providing pre-alert to Security Manager in Maiduguri / Security Officer in Damaturu on prospective security issues.
- Ensure general staff safety and security in Jakusko.
- Deploy occasional step-down training to support staff.
- Gathering sensitive information and intelligence in the location for Security Manager’s/officer’s use.
- Ensure compliance of all SoPs such as movement SoP, curfew SoP, staff relation-community SoP, grievance SoP.
- Providing weekly situation report, monthly incident report for the Security Manager.
- Managing security information and communication effectively.
- Drive hibernation and relocation when the context changes.
- Continuously suggest safety and security infrastructure required for the location according to the emerging threat.
- Manage and supervise guard force in the location.
- Ensure effective access management into Plan office and premises .
- Obtain daily travel report affecting Plan International staff in their location of duty.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Security Manager/Officer.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience in occupational security and health & safety operations.
- Ability to prioritise and manage complex and varied workloads, often to tight deadlines, in a dynamic, fragile and multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to guide staff with limited security capacity.
- Ability to predict and respond to security threats/incidents.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and trouble-shooting skills including negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Energetic and motivated individual, with a proven track record of undertaking similar assignments.
- Strategic and critical skills – but also focused on operational results and ‘getting things done’.
- Commitment to continuous learning; willingness to keep abreast of new developments in security.
- Able to work independently but also collaborate closely within teams.
- Ability to establish and sustain strong working relationships with Plan colleagues and in the broader Nigeria community/context.
- Culturally and socially sensitive.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Security / Safety jobs
- Security Assistant jobs