Job title : School Counsellor
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : December 17, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- We are looking to recruit an exceptional person as a Guidance Counsellor who would assist students with their educational, career, and social needs.
- Assist students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the use of teachers’ data.
- Work with students in evolving educational and career plans in terms of such evaluation.
- Maintain student records and ensures their confidentiality.
- Provide information and prepares recommendations to colleges for admissions and scholarships.
- Collaborate closely with teachers, administrators and other professional staff members, providing information and assistance where needed for the ultimate benefit of students.
- Maintain a close relationship with the child study team following directives and recommendations as needed.
- Relate closely with, and involves parents in planning students career plans, and assists in the resolution of school related problems.
- Assist in the organization and administration of standardized test programs.
- Register students new to the school, provides orientation and information relative to school procedures, curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities.
- Participate in follow-up studies of former students for the purpose of improving services and evaluating the effectiveness of the educational program being offered by the school.
- Work to prevent students from dropping out from school, and assist those that do in finding alternative educational programs and/or employment.
- Arrange for summer work and/or enrollment in summer school programs to make up noted deficiencies.
- Maintain a professional office environment.
- Contribute in the evaluation of current curriculum offerings and in the planning, selection and implementation of new course offerings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a counsellor in an academic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of the schooling system
- Active listening skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and good work ethic.
- Intermediate IT skills
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Education / Teaching Jobs jobs
- School Counsellor jobs