Black Pen Recruitment’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Sanctions Specialist jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- Drive execution and ongoing improvement of the hybrid Compliance and Sanctions programs (encompassing fiat and cryptocurrency), CRMP, principles, standards, policy, and oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Act an SME on sanctions with an in-depth understanding of USA and African sanctions laws.
- Lead on drafting and maintaining group sanctions compliance documents including policy & procedure.
- Provide expert sanctions advice and decisions on complex matters including interpretation of sanctions documents.
- Act as the lead on upstream sanctions risk and best practice.
- Acting as a first point contact and subject matter expert for sanction concerns raised by other compliance teams
- Conducting enhanced investigations on escalated sanctions alerts from junior team members
- Prepare and support all sanctions required reporting (e.g., Blocked and Rejected transactions, Annual Reporting of Blocked Property, reporting pursuant to general or specific licences, as required)
- Provide advice and guidance to other teams and key stakeholders regionally and globally, on sanctions regulations and related company policies and procedures
- Monitoring global regulatory changes that may impact the companys sanctions compliance requirements and identify any changes to internal policies and procedures
- Identifying gaps in policies/procedures, training, resources, and organisational structures are actioned to ensure that regulatory requirements are meet
- Conduct investigations and analysis in support of subpoenas and related inquiries and potential voluntary disclosures.
- Post Secondary Degree in Compliance, Risk, Finance, Legal or equivalent combination of educational and work experience
- Relevant Education and Experience and/or related professional designations / certifications (CAMS, CFE, Audit)
- Minimum of 5 years of previous work experience in Sanctions compliance roles at a financial institution
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a corporate management/supervisory position with multiple direct reports.
- Fluent English, French and Arabic are beneficial and a combination of local languages are essential for this role, as is a willingness to travel across your assigned region
- Experience handling sanctions escalations and filing rejection and blocking reports
- Certification as a Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS)
- Availability to travel
- Advanced understanding of global sanctions and anti-money laundering regulations within the banking/financial services industry and experience addressing compliance issues relating to anti-money laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, and related laws/regulations.
Salary + Benefits
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online