Job title : Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Officer
Job Location : Ogun
Deadline : October 02, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
- Nestl? Nigeria is currently looking to hire a Safety, Health & Environment Officer whose responsibilities include to Inspire and empower excellence in safety, health, and environmental sustainability across the site/unit.
- The SHE Officer will drive implementation of the Site/Unit SH&E OMP through application of the Nestl? S&H Management System (NSMS) and Nestl? Environmental Management System (NEMS). Provide support in development and implementation across the factory on SHE strategy and program to enable staff to realise their SH&E goals and create pride in their achievements.
- Inspire Change: Create a compelling understanding of the Nestl? SH&E values and inspire stakeholders to excel in compliance & continuously improve, leveraging NCE Foundations and Advanced Practices (eg TPM, Lean Value Stream). Promote a behavioral approach to SH&E, based on Nestl? Leadership Framework.
- Implement NSMS & NEMS: Guide implementation of the NSMS, NEMS, and other Group SH&E Standards. Develop and continuously improve site/unit SH&E programmes to deliver compliance and performance improvement. Ensure local S&H management system is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007 (all units) and to ISO14001:2004 (factories, PTCs, DCs).
- Develop SH&E Networks: Develop & coordinate SH&E networks of professionals, champions, and SMEs for the site/unit. Develop their functional and leadership competencies and ensure robust succession plans for key S&H positions.
- Provide Guidance: Ensure managers receive trusted guidance & support on relevant S&H matters. Identify expertise and good practices from inside and outside Nestl? and communicate them internally (both within the site/unit and beyond).
- Provide Support: Co-ordinate internal & external resources to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient S&H support, eg exposure monitoring, health promotion, health surveillance, life cycle assessment, training. Leverage SHE-PM and other tools to monitor & analyse performance and improve decision making.
- Audit & Review: Ensure compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement. Promote effective communication of successes and learnings, and recognition for strong performers and contributors.
- Engagement: Engage with internal stakeholders on SH&E topics
What Will Make You Successful?
- Project management experience
- Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in an operational environment.
- Experience in taking ownership of Safety & Health and drive change through personal leadership.
- Knowledge of analyzing complex problems to identify multiple root causes.
- Ability to Influence behavioral change in a team/department.
- Ability to work in and can lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate policies & standards into practical action plans.
- Coach individuals and teams in different environments.
- Good communication & Organizational skills
- Very proactive
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Security / Safety jobs
- Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Officer jobs