2 weeks ago
Job title : Resources Management Officer jobs in Lagos
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : April 16, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
FUNCTION (Task Identity):
- Under the direct supervision of the Regional Resources Manager (RRM) for the Region, the Resources Management Officer (RMO), as part of the Project Support Team (PST) in the Regional Coordination Office (RCO), is responsible for planning, monitoring and control of resources of a portfolio of projects for designated Field Offices within the Region.
- S/he monitors and controls budget allotments and expenditure ensuring accurate utilisation of financial resources in line with ICMPDÇs rules and regulations and donor agreements.
- The RMO controls the financial aspects of all types of contracts and the business processes, ensures accurate financial reporting to donors and acts as the Certifying Officer under the Financial Regulations of ICMPD.
- The RMO participates in the corporate financial management process by planning and implementing the budget of the designated Field Offices and monitors implementation of the shared services budgets of designated Field Offices in line with organisational objectives and policies.
- The RMO supervises and mentors Associate Resource Management Officer(s) (ARMO) in the designated Field Offices and Administrative and Finance Officer(s) (AFO), as applicable.
- S/he trains and advises ICMPD project staff and partners on ICMPD rules and procedures and participates in organisational development of the resources management function.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (as per Job Component):
Planning, resources allocation and budget formulation:
- Participate in project formulation. Provides input to design of project structures; designs administrative support mechanisms and structures at project level.
- In close collaboration with the Regional Resource Manager, guide and monitor the planning of the Shared Services budgets for the Field Offices as applicable.
- Plan and implement a portfolio approach to project financial planning.
- Analyse projects’ financial plans and budgets for financial feasibility and advise on ways to achieve economies of scale and cost-efficiency at portfolio and project levels.
- Support Project Managers in preparation of budget forecasts for projects.
- Advise on and participates in budgeting process for all projects.
- Review, analyse and revise budget data, analyses and validates allocations and costing ensuring consistency with donor requirements and financial rules, verifies correctness of costing.
- Analyse, calculate and verify correctness of co-funding provisions to project budgets.
- Provide input to drafting of budget notes and budget justifications.
- Provide inputs, such as financial information, details on payment schedules and financial reporting to the process of budget negotiation with donors and partners and preparation of donor contracts and partners agreements.
- Upload approved budgets and budget revisions into SAP, keep project financial data in SAP and project folder (protect net) accurate and updated.
- Train staff on budget preparation, reallocation and revision, advise staff on use of various donor budget formats.
Budget and costs monitoring and operations control:
- Monitor budget implementation and financial performance of the respective portfolio of projects and identify issues, priorities and exceptions for further action.
- Monitor allocation and assesses staff costs on regular basis, advise on budget availability in process of staff deployment and redeployment, initiate budget revisions to reallocate staff costs when required.
- Monitor expenditure of the shared services budgets of the designated Field Offices against established budgetary requirements in close collaboration with the local AFO (s).
- Monitor project partnersÇ expenditures in projects, check financial reports, verify supporting documents.
- Monitor co-funding obligations to projects, identify gaps and propose corrective actions.
- Prepare data analysis for budget revisions and budget reviews to projects.
- Act as Certifying Officer for projects and Field Offices ensuring that financial obligations and expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and ICMPDÇs financial rules and donor contracts.
- Monitor procurement process for the simplified procurements below EUR 60K ensuring compliance with ICMPDÇs procurement rules, guides project teams through the procurement process. Review contract conditions and contract terms, certify for acceptability and forwards for signature to the designated signatory authority.
- Monitor financial bookings ensuring accurate financial recording, identify incorrect bookings and initiate corrective actions and follows up.
- Train ICMPD employees on rules, procedures and requirements, provides ongoing advice on various aspects of budget implementation, provide input to development of processes and procedures, identify inconsistencies and weaknesses, find solutions and take corrective action.
Financial reporting and support to audit:
- Prepare financial reports to donors and partners as per agreed formats and donor agreements ensuring correctness of information and format. Communicate with ICMPD employees, donors and project partners for preparation of reports.
- Calculate in-kind and co-funding contributions for financial reporting purposes.
- Maintain overview of the financial reporting schedules for assigned portfolio, monitor audit schedule per project, coordinate audit preparation with ICMPD Financial Officer.
Grant expenditure monitoring and control:
- Provide support to Project Teams in monitoring grant expenditure, and adherence to contractual agreements; recommend amendments and extensions of contracts.
- In collaboration with ICMPD’s Procurement and Grants Unit (PGU), participate in monitoring expenditure and undertake verification missions when necessary.
- Check and validate financial reports from grants beneficiaries, validate supporting documents for correctness and completeness. Seek clarifications and request further information as required.
- Maintain grants files and uploads documents in SAP. 3
- Train ICMPD staff and grant beneficiaries on eligibility of costs and reporting requirements to grant beneficiaries.
- Prepare and draft training materials and prescriptive contents.
Management, training and capacity building:
- Supervise the work of the ARMO(s) and local AFO(s), as applicable. Assess performance as well as motivate and mentor. Organise work by allocating tasks and coordinating work processes, monitor quality of work and take corrective actions.
- Keep the designated Field Office AFO(s) abreast of developments relating to ICMPDÇs rules, guidelines and business processes as well as organisational objectives and developments.
- Support induction of new ICMPD employees by provision of training and advice in the area of work. KEY RESULTS (as per Job Component):
- Project level operational support mechanisms and administrative structures designed and implemented based on a portfolio approach and economies of scale.
- Budgets formulated, allocated and reallocated according to financial feasibility, cost-effectiveness and economies of scale in line with donor requirements and ICMPD`s financial rules applying a portfolio approach.
- Administrative resources planned and managed through cost-efficient budgets.
- Financial resources in all budget categories across all projects utilised economically and efficiently in accordance with contractual obligations, approved budgets and ICMPDÇs rules and regulations.
- Project financial reports prepared accurately according to donor schedules and formats.
- Grants expenditure monitored timely and efficiently.
- At least 5 years of position relevant experience in financial management of projects and programmes;
- Experience in the monitoring of a grants expenditure component is a distinct asset;
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office (Excel) and SAP, experience in web based management systems (Share point);
- Substantive knowledge of project management procedures and rules of EC/donors/international organisations including procurement, budgeting and financial management;
- Experience in team management is a requirement;
- Experience in project management is required.
- Professional training in project cycle management is an advantage;
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Experience in an international context
- Proficiency in verbal/written English. Proficiency in a major EU language is an asset.
- Master’s in a field relevant to the area of work (business administration, financial management or related field).
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Accounting / Financial Services jobs
- Resources Management Officer jobs
- Salary Offer: *********