Job title : Research Team Lead
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : October 15, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
About the job
- The Research Team Lead will report to the Director of Programmes..and will be responsible for managing all research projects to improve the public sector performance and other Foundation programmes.
The Research Team Lead will;
Overall project management
- Oversee implementation of research objectives, scope, framework, and methodology.
- Create a detailed implementation plan, including phasing and resourcing.
- Develop and manage an annual budget.
- Create an operational strategy to facilitate project implementation.
- Lead the recruitment process for the project team and volunteers.
- Work with the project team to design and conduct baseline surveys.
- Coordinate primary research and data collection, working with the team and volunteers to ensure timely and robust data are collected.
- Manage the research process that compiles and organises analysis datasets and provides detailed interpretations of results.
- Manage the development of interactive visual tools to assist in presenting and interpreting the research results.
- Ensure all team members are clear about processes, reporting quality and timelines.
- Conduct regular project meetings and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Use performance management to ensure high-quality output and performance of team members.
- Provide strong leadership and support the team, ensuring capacity is built, and results are attained.
- Develop a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) strategy to monitor progress and ensure learning and improvement.
- Manage consultants and vendors by developing contracts and managing workflow and performance.
- Maintain open and constant communication channels with project stakeholders and provide them with updates and reports as agreed.
- Ensure that each stakeholder is aware of duty-bound activities.
- Immediately communicate significant issues that may arise to relevant stakeholders.
Communications and Advocacy
- Support the development and implementation of the communications advocacy & strategy.
- Develop strategic partnerships at national and global levels.
- Develop and nurture effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Build a network of volunteers to assist with broader research projects.
- Ensure that internal control mechanisms are in place.
- Ensure and monitor the allocation of resources in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Regularly monitor actual expenditures vs budget
- Review budget if necessary
Documenting and Reporting
- Maintain an effective project management database.
- Ensure qualitative reporting and implementation models are in place.
- Prepare regular project and financial reports and present to update line manager on project progress.
- Ensure accountability and defined responsibilities within the project.
- Identify relevant stakeholders and implement stakeholder management and communications plan.
- Develop risk management plan that identifies, classifies, and prioritises risks and issues.
- Create a project assurance system to manage risks and implementation issues.
- Implement project management control processes.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Social Sciences, Communications, Information Management, Education, Public Relations, or other related fields.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience inclusive of 3 years (minimum) as a senior position, preferably with an NGO
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
- Research and analytics
- Report writing
- Effective Communication
- Team Development and Management
- Project Management
- Research Analyses
- Government/Public Relations
- Detail Oriented
- Leadership and Accountability
- Emotional Intelligence
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Title as subject of your mail.
- NGO/Non-Profit jobs
- Research Team Lead jobs