Innovations for Poverty Action’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Research Associate jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : May 23, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
- IPA Nigeria is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with outstanding project management, data analysis, people management, and communication skills as a Research Associate to support the implementation of a rigorous impact evaluation.
- The Research Associate position is a unique opportunity to combine significant project management experience with involvement in cutting-edge development research on a dynamic and passionate IPA Nigeria team.
- As an ideal candidate, you not only have a solid technical foundation in impact evaluation methodology, but you can also independently guide and direct the activities that happen both upstream and downstream of any rigorous, randomized evaluation.
- You enjoy contributing to high-performing teams that drive the production of the highest quality research for our clients and partners.
- You excel in solving problems using clear, strategic, and creative thinking. You have a strong social acumen and are excited about the opportunity to broaden, deepen, and manage meaningful relationships with high-level clients and partners across the public, academic, non-governmental, and multilateral sectors.
The Research Associate will perform a variety of tasks related to managing day-to-day research activities, from planning to implementation, and monitoring quality. These include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating research and implementation efforts with all relevant stakeholders;
- Recruiting, training, and supervising field-based teams;
- Refining and piloting survey questionnaires;
- Supervising and monitoring data collection to ensure high-quality of the data;
- Supporting data quality checks and fixing issues with data collected during data collection;
- Assisting in data cleaning and preliminary analysis and ensuring ready access to all data for researchers and/or supervisors;
- Documenting in detail all activities related to the project;
- Maintaining accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary;
- Preparing high-quality progress and results reports to Principal Investigators (PI), research partners, and funding agencies, and sharing them timely;
- Providing timely updates and responses to partner organizations, and participating in meetings with key stakeholders;
- Providing training and supervision for research project staff (Field Manager);
- Managing project finances including budgeting, expense tracking, and financial reporting;
- Ensuring that all team members follow necessary protocols and procedures;
- Handling day to day PI and partner communications;
- Any other task as assigned by Country Director;
- Keep the Country Director apprised of all developments in the project and serve as the key link between the field staff, research team, and Principal Investigators.
- Support the country office in project and policy development as needed
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Public Policy, or other quantitative Social Science disciplines (Master’s Degree preferred);
- Quantitative Skills: Strong technical understanding of economics and econometrics required. Demonstrated proficiency in Stata, and experience with data management, data cleaning, and regression analysis
- A minimum of 2-year of work experience is required. Experience managing field staff in developing countries strongly preferred;
- Ability to collaborate among geographically and culturally diverse teams to drive common goals;
- Interculturally-versed to build capacity, work with, and live in Nigeria;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Ability to successfully complete assigned tasks and meeting deadlines, required;
- Communication Skills: Attention to detail and advanced writing and presentation skills are required;
- Language: English fluency required;
Application Closing Date
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply online