Job title : Reinsurance Lead
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : March 05, 2024
Quick Recommended Links
As a Reinsurance Lead, you are responsible for leading the Reinsurance Team. To design a prudent reinsurance arrangement for the Company to protect it against adverse risk exposure as well as analyze risks the Company undertakes to determine apportionment and placement of such with reinsurers to protect the Company from excessive risk exposure while managing relationships with other Insurance Companies with a view to increasing the Company’s share of facultative business.
- Co-ordinate and supervise activities of the unit to ensure conformity with the business objectives and regulatory guidelines Handles Treaty renewals and negotiation
- Handles claims reinsurance recoveries
- Advise on apportionment and placement of risk to treaty and local facultative reinsurers.
- Design a prudent and suitable reinsurance arrangement for the company to protect it against adverse risk exposure
- Review list of Insurance Companies to transact business with and make recommendation to the Executive Director Technical
- Take necessary and prompt corrective actions to ensure the achievement of the objective of the unit
- Ensure accurate and timely rendition of returns to treaty reinsurers and regulatory bodies.
- Analyse risk/profit/underwriting statistics to determine treaty capacity of the company.
- Analyse the insurance industry to identify potential opportunities for local facultative business
- Maintains accurate records of all transactions in the company’s operational software.
- Rendition of monthly/quarterly reports
- Establishes and monitor performance reporting systems
- Conduct formal appraisal of subordinate’s performance
- Analyse outstanding losses prepared by claims unit and use such in rendering treaty returns.
- Prepare annual budget of the unit for approval by Executive Director Technical.
- Train subordinate on the job to improve his skills Convenes and direct meetings with direct report to review operational performance.
- And any other tasks as may be assigned by Executive Director Technical.
- B.Sc/HND in any discipline
- CIIN Certification is a compulsory.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience in insurance, out of which 5 years must have been spent in reinsurance businesses
- Excellent communication skills (Oral & Written)
- Good technical skills
- Good negotiating power
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skill
- Numeric skills
- Attention to detail
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
- Insurance jobs
- Reinsurance Lead jobs