fhi 360’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Regional Vaccine Service Delivery Advisor II – Africa jobs in Abuja
Job Location : Abuja
Deadline : February 14, 2022
Quick Recommended Links
Job Requisition ID: 2022200051
Supervisor: Director, Prevention, Care and Treatment (PCT)
- Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. PresidentÛªs Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- EpiC is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control, and the project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to breakthrough barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming.
- EpiC is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women, priority populations and key populations, and the project is led by FHI 360 with core partners Population Services International (PSI), Palladium Group, Right to Care, and Gobee Group.
- While originally designed as an HIV program, EpiC has been modified to accept COVID-19 funding to prevent, prepare for, respond to and bolster health systems to address COVID-19 and reemergence.
- Currently, EpiC and its consortium members are implementing COVID-19 activities in nearly 50 countries on three continents.
- The COVID Technical team within EpiC is seeking qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Program Officer II within its Washington DC office.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
The Vaccine Service Delivery Advisor II is primarily responsible for providing strategic technical advice to EpiC-supported countries in Africa to:
- Improve delivery and enhance uptake of COVID-19 vaccines by introducing innovative approaches and service delivery models
- Develop or adapt appropriate tools, guidelines, and job aides for COVID-19 vaccination program
- Lead the design and support implementation of surge strategies to get more people vaccinated quickly
- Build capacity of staff and consultant(s) on the COVID-19 vaccination service delivery models.
- The Advisor will support country programs to achieve their COVID-19 immunization targets by set timelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic advice to target countries to reduce barriers to accessing COVID-19 vaccines and improve availability, equity, and coverage
- Lead the design and advise the implementation of appropriate surge strategies at national and subnational levels to improve access to and availability of COVID-19 vaccines
- Provide technical advice on re-designing service delivery models, processes, and approaches at national, regional, and local levels with the aim to get more vaccines safely into the arms of target populations
- Understand how inequality, discrimination and exclusion can impact an individualÛªs or groupÛªs access to services and support, and devise different strategies that can address these barriers
- Identify capacity building needs of public and private sector vaccinators, EpiC country teams and partners, and develop appropriate tools, strategies and implementation plans to enhance local capacity
- Lead assessment of current vaccine service delivery models and work with relevant country teams to adapt the models based on needs and support their implementation
- Provide technical support to target countries in macro and micro planning to enhance coverage of COVID-19 vaccination program based on evidence.
- Support development of guidelines, job aides and other tools for prevention, identification and management of rare adverse events caused by vaccines
- Provide technical advice to country teams on best practices in improving coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders, including ministries of health
- Collaborate in the development of applied research projects that allow the evaluation of vaccine rollout strategies, approaches, effects, and adverse events
- Support the development of workplans, budgets, case studies, success stories, reports and other documents required by the client or FHI 360 HQ
- Provide necessary advice on quality assurance and quality improvement approaches to improve service delivery at vaccination sites
- Continuously scan the vaccination coverage, strategies, approaches, indicators, and service delivery models in target countries; anticipate pain points and proactively engage in identifying solutions to support countries in achieving their COVID-19 vaccination targets
- Work collaboratively and dependably with colleagues and in a way that encourages learning, sharing and teamwork.
- MasterÛªs Degree in Health Sciences or related field (MPH preferred). Clinical degree preferred.
- At least 12 yearsÛª experience in providing senior level technical advice to large scale vaccination program (s) in LMICs
- 5 yearsÛª experience in providing technical advice in the design of vaccine service delivery programs and its implementation at the national, subnational, and local levels, and experience adjusting approaches based on data required
- Demonstrated experience in both macro and microplanning for improving coverage of vaccination program in LMICs required
- Professional background demonstrating strong experience working in health care systems and services in LMICs
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity of country staff on various aspects of vaccination program. Experience in vaccine pharmacovigilance, coordination of training, development of guidelines, training materials and tools highly desirable
- Experience in strengthening supportive supervision, quality assurance and quality improvement desirable
- Ability to conduct and deliver thorough analysis, report writing and dissemination of information to a broad range of audiences
- Experience with working on a donor-funded project preferred
- Project management certification preferred.
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Nigeria
*NGO/Non-Profit jobs in Abuja
*Regional Vaccine Service Delivery Advisor II – Africa in Abuja
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Click here to Apply online