Norwegian Refugee Council’s job vacancy, Career and Recruitment
Job title : Regional Roving Health, Safety and Security Manager
Job Location : Lagos
Deadline : September 02, 2023
Quick Recommended Links
The role and responsibilities
The Regional Roving HSS Manager is deployed to Country Offices in order to serve as a gap fill or to provide additional health, safety and security support, advice, and trainings. This position reports to the Regional Head of HSS who is responsible for assigning deployments and tasks. When deployed, the Regional Roving HSS Manager falls under the direct supervision of the Country Director, with technical supervision from the Regional Head of HSS.
- Deploys to fill vacant CO (Country Office) HSS Manager or Regional HSS positions and assumes their tasks and responsibilities while deployed.
- Develop and implement the NRC Security Management System at national level
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS)
- Minimize security risks to the operations of NRC
- Manage security staff at country office
- Conduct support, training, and development of security staff in all offices
- Serve as a key member of Crisis Management Teams
- Prepare reports as required
- Communicate and cooperate with relevant external security actors
- Train and develop staff in safety and security
- Assist with the development and implementation of the NRC HSS risk management system
- Prove expert advice and collaborate closely with access teams
- Deploys to implement an initiative on behalf the Regional Office HSS Section in the Regional Office or Country Offices.
- May be required to act as a Regional Head of HSS during leave periods or vacancies.
- Ensure that solutions respect both the rules and principles of the HSS risk management system of NRC, as well as the humanitarian standards of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
- Ensure the implementation of minimum infrastructure standards in collaboration with Logistics and administration departments
During deployments to Country Offices:
- Serve as Country Office Health management focal person
- Develop and share with CO and RO country weekly security context report
- Liaise with HOP and Finance Manager to ensure that Security needs and activities are adequately budgeted
- Monitor and assess Security service providers performance
- Provide Country management group (CMG) with strategic advice based on changes to the context
- Lead and monitor the implementation and compliance of NRC HSS risk management framework and reduce risks towards NRC staff, programs, organization, project participants, and assets.
In addition, to be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context in the field of health, safety and/or security.
- Proven, solid and relevant experience in HSS work, including in crisis management, preferably in the NGO (non-governmental organisations) environment.
- Proven experience as a trainer.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts (posted in a high-risk environment).
- Proven experience in administration and team management.
- Ability to handle a large workload and work under pressure.
- Proven training skills to humanitarian organisations on security risk assessment, operational security, and/or crisis management.
- Information analysis experience is an asset.
- Flexible and with a strong team spirit.
- Result and service oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Fluency in English and French both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in Central and West Africa is an asset.
- International professional experience.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Coping with change.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
How to Apply for this Offer
Interested and Qualified candidates should Click here to Apply Now
- Salary Offer: *********